FedEx Freight | Attendance policy

Ya know what I'm tired of?? There are days that I just don't get enough sleep (sorry, its just life trying to sleep during the day), however I always make certain I make gate to and fro.. I'm tired of these redshirts coming out to the truck or sending a yard jockey out to bang on my door telling me they need me on the dock!!!! This is becoming a real hassle. How 'bout hiring more GD part time dock workers to run your freight and let me drive home safely
Just curious, how many miles is your run?

Yes! Written warning! You think I voted in the union because we just had a bad day? You couldn't get a day off no matter what the reason. Take your sick kids to the doctor? Get your ass to work!

Keep in mind the 7th Circuit Federal Court in Chicago has ruled there is no violation until you suffer a loss of wages or vacation. The first write up, there is no relief. But, as soon as they give you a day off with no pay, file on it. Don't even bother to tell them, let the letter or subpoena from the court be their wake up call. Also file it under the Whistleblower ACT. They will know it is you, and then it will get kicked upstairs above the terminal level. If they fire you after you filed under the Act, you will, in time, get your back wages, compensatory damages and so on. The term is the court will make you ‘whole’ again which in past cases were wages, damages, all medical bills paid, pension monies paid to your account etc. You get a Judge who does not like a bully, you & your attorney will be very happy campers. Also, 99 out of 100 times, if you win, your attorney’s fees are paid out of you employers pocket, not your settlement. Von.