Yellow | Attention All Former Roadway and Yellow Employees

Took the LOA effective 1/31/11 for 6mo. I started at ABF on 2/1/11. It has been a great ride here. Besides accumulating 3 more yrs pension contributions ( the reason I left ) I have never once been called at 2 or 3am to report to work in 2hrs. They tell me every day when I leave what time I should report the next day. Why couldn't YRC have been that considerate of an employee? Another thing I like, is, being near the top of the call board now, I am occasionally asked if I would like to cover a vacation on the Utility board. It is a gravy train. We only run Mon - Thur. with Fri. Sat. Sun off. Again why did YRC need to run us 5 nights Sun - Thur. or Mon - Fri. to achieve the same or worse result (since I hear they discontinued Utility bids). All in all ABF been very good for me. It's amazing how much less stress their is working for a company that doesn't have a HOW MANY OF THESE $h it HEADS CAN WE FIRE TODAY attitude.

I have worked for both union and non union and at the end of the year my W-2 is usually $70-75k.
At the non's i copay for bennies and didn't get paid for waiting time or impassable highways.
So, in the end, my bills still get paid, but, my quality of life is better at a union shop than non, but even that difference, seems to be slipping away.