Yellow | Attention All Former Roadway and Yellow Employees

bubbadog121

TB Veteran
Credits
Just wanted you to chime in, if ,you lost ,or, resigned your job from Yellow, Roadway,New Penn or Holland from 2008 until now.

I want to know where you landed, and, how are the bennies,pay and do you like how you are treated?

Just wanted you to chime in, if ,you lost ,or, resigned your job from Yellow, Roadway,New Penn or Holland from 2008 until now.

I want to know where you landed, and, how are the bennies,pay and do you like how you are treated?
Laid off 2009, two weeks of unemployment then retired. Pay sucks, bennies worse.....Best job I ever had.

notified Holland In writing , in front of union witness, that I was taking my contractually negotiated leave of absence last day of Sept. 2009 , terminated and notified via mail of my VQ 3 days latter, filed retirement papers, filed grievance, grievance signed off on by BA at local without my notification, been collecting a half a pension,1573.00 after spousal benefits deduction & taxes, now Hoffa & central states has gone to Congress trying to get change in law to screw me out of that, life's a dream!

Worked @ Roadway 20 years in a small local cartage barn. Left "Big R" in August of 2009 for ABF. Best knee jerk decision I've ever made....regardless of what happens with the pension. If a driver can't work for ABF....he or she can't work for anybody.

Went to Abf from Holland under the leave of absence. The Holland I went to work for in 99 was still the best job I ever had. The Holland I left was nowhere near the job at Abf.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Turned 62 July 6 2012 retired July 7 2012 after 42 years. I was soo sick of lower level management wasting the money away!!! Its great not to have to focus your life around a job! :19:

just wanted you to chime in, if ,you lost ,or, resigned your job from yellow, roadway,new penn or holland from 2008 until now.

the title should be all former yrcw employees

I retired at the end of 2008 with 30 years but was only 50. Would have stayed longer if it weren't for the merger and rumors about pension changes.

Former roadway philly then cry opps I ment yrc .floated around sysco the dred ex I ment fed ex nkw with abf best yet even if we fold after cry best move ...but I do wish the best for yrc....got peeps there

Worked @ Roadway 20 years in a small local cartage barn. Left "Big R" in August of 2009 for ABF. Best knee jerk decision I've ever made....regardless of what happens with the pension. If a driver can't work for ABF....he or she can't work for anybody.

Best knee jerk decision I made was leaving the CSPF in 1981. Moved out west and retired from Roadway and Western Teamsters in 2009.

got layed off in 2009 as they closed our barn stayed off for 6 months then found local small company driveing a fuel truck pay in good for this area no insurance been there going on 4 yrs they gave me a $1000 christmas bonus this yr really over all good place to work they never rush you or tell you to hurry up i am not on hourly i go to work at 7 am if i finish early say 1 or 2 pm i can go home and not loose an pay

I left YRC Freight customer service in the midst of all of these allegations of trucks going off of cliffs if vote not go through. Couldn't have made a better move now working for Old Dominion and better all around, don't have to worry about anything but my performance to keep my job unlike YRC Freight where I had to worry about someone else making the right decisions aka Union and Management.

Even though you are technically correct the barns had not yet been merged in 2008. at least, not in the east.So, people were still identifying themselves as Roadway or Yellow.
I will always identify myself as worked for Roadway Express.

Laid off by Yellow, Oct 2008. Couldn't find a job in 08 crashing economy except Knight Trans for 5 months. Recalled by Roadway to report March 9th, 2009. Resigned, March 3rd, 2009.

In the meantime, Batesville Casket started an operation in Indy (8 drivers, we're advertising to hire another for a short paying, probably only $1,000 week- night runs) and as soon as I told them I'd resigned YRC they hired me. .468 cents per mile plus 15.50 per hour for any/all work not driving, plus 35.75 per diem for each day away from home. First Day Medical that's better than TeamCare, 1 week vaca after 1st year, 2 weeks after second year.Company paid 4% 401k, plus Company 50% matching up to another 4%. Electronic Logs- they hold you to doing everything legal. 100.00 a year in company provided uniforms, you can buy extra if you pay for them. Best job I've ever had; $90k plus another 10k in per diem last year, running Indy to Denver to Salt Lake to Indy weekly (158,000 miles last year)... We bid twice a year; for the most part, guys on regular runs only talk to dispatch every few months, unless you need to tell them of a delay. Go to work when you're supposed to, grab your paperwork, hook your load, drive to your assignment, help unload, drive back (unless- like on my run, there is a backhaul) Assigned tractors. After 1 million safe miles with the company, get your name on the door and bonuses. Our #1 guy was awarded a tv, a new assigned tractor, and a 10,000 check for driving 4 million miles safely with the company. Company provided safety banquets in expensive restaurants, Drivers urged to participate in Driving Rodeos, Safety Director pushes for guys to be recognized by National Safety Council, etc.....

Batesville only hires off the internet: Batesville Casket/ careers. We have 93 warehouses in the USA and Canada. You need a CDLA plus US Passport, and HazMat. Fleets in Batesville,(currently 39 drivers) Indy(currently 8 drivers), Manchester,Tn,(currently 60 drivers) Dallas, Tx, Allentown, Pa, and La Mirada, Ca. (I don't know how many work at these) Also, warehouse help (CDLB required- mostly part time/ no benes) at all locations, and manufacturing help (full benes) at Batesville, In, Manchester, Tn, and Batesville, Ms. It can be a lengthy process to get hired, but it's worth it!