Yellow | Auction houses to liquidate Yellow’s tractors, trailers

Pretty sure these are lease trailers that have been taken over by Estes. Who knows maybe Estes was the lease holder. Smart business people do things in their interest. May have hedged a bet they would not make it and started leasing trailers.
Either way with all the negative news regarding Yellow why would you not get the decals off immediately and rebrand? Customers might start talking “Hey look Yellow bought Estes”

Well here you go. Right from Estes web site..

Estes Leasing LLC provides cost-effective, hassle-free alternatives to equipment financing and maintenance. Contact Estes Leasing LLC today at 1-804-230-1767.
Guys, pay attention to the bankruptcy case dockets. Quite a few of the newer trailers were leased, including 160 48 and 53-foot Holland units. The lessors were recently given the Court approval to repossess those units that they own. Ditto with a lot of Peterbilt tractors. Whether Estes has taken possession of them as a new lessee (I doubt it) or they have been contracted to transport them for the lessor (this is more likely), or whether they've been contracted by Yellow, Epiq or Ritchie Bros. to haul them to the auction site (also quite likely) is a complete guess. I have not seen any evidence of Estes being the lessor of any rolling stock. They are indeed the landlord at quite a few of the leased terminal properties.

Guys, pay attention to the bankruptcy case dockets. Quite a few of the newer trailers were leased, including 160 48 and 53-foot Holland units. The lessors were recently given the Court approval to repossess those units that they own. Ditto with a lot of Peterbilt tractors. Whether Estes has taken possession of them as a new lessee (I doubt it) or they have been contracted to transport them for the lessor (this is more likely), or whether they've been contracted by Yellow, Epiq or Ritchie Bros. to haul them to the auction site (also quite likely) is a complete guess. I have not seen any evidence of Estes being the lessor of any rolling stock. They are indeed the landlord at quite a few of the leased terminal properties.
It is also possible that Estes bought them directly from the lessor.

It is also possible that Estes bought them directly from the lessor.
GE Capital at one time financed many truck purchases. The contract was written up as a lease for tax purposes. Carolina was still taking delivery of a fleet of new International conventionals when ABF made the purchase. GE was financing the purchase but got cold feet when Carolina got into financial trouble. They somehow got several other lenders to take on part of the loan. As I remember each one financed a hundred or two hundred tractors. The lease was a three year lease with stipulations about the condition of the tractor at the end of that time. After three years in an LTL environment none of the tractors met the condition so ABF bought them at the end of the lease. To put them in the condition required for return all would have had to have most of the interior replaced & most repainted. Mechanically they had been maintained quite well but three years of slip seat operation took it's toll on the appearance.