Central Transport | Audit team

officeman

TB Lurker
Credits
What does any one know of the audit team coming around.
Heard they are cutting more people.
5 office people and 1 yard guy in Chicago.
Sounds like there theme is> It only takes 75% of the workers to do 100% of the work.
Sounds like another excuse to lay people off.
How many more can we lay off before there is no customer service.
:nutkick:

In MSP now..

Supposedly they are in MSP now (9-10). I am not looking forward to them to come here. We don't have any trailers to put the freight that is picked up into. When we do break the trailers, it sits in the yard until Linehaul decides to come pick them up. Called us tonight and said that they are not sending anymore people to pick up trailers.

So what did we do. We left about 4-5 trailers sit unbroken for the next day. This is a normal occurrence lately.. I just don't get it.

How are they determining who goes? Is it Vitran people? PJAX people? By seniority?

Seniority. In Chicago they are even cutting dock supervisors down to just regular dock workers. hahah think they are gonna continue working after what they were getting paid then going to hourly. Sure!

Patrick is Chicago guy I think. He was at our terminal for a while. Actually, a nice guy. But a company man , through and through

Patrick is Chicago guy I think. He was at our terminal for a while. Actually, a nice guy. But a company man , through and through

Nope he wasnt a CHI guy. I heard that they were from PIT & IND...

Nice guy til it comes time to do job cuts...In order to save some money maybe they should cut these guys who are up there on the pay scale.

Nope he wasnt a CHI guy. I heard that they were from PIT & IND...

Nice guy til it comes time to do job cuts...In order to save some money maybe they should cut these guys who are up there on the pay scale.
Well, he did fire a city driver who requested a day off for family matters (he was told to come in despite this, but took off instead). The TM rescinded it later- at least that was the scuttlebutt...
After all, at Pjax/Vitran family is not first before the job. I've even heard our one dispatcher state that! :Off-Topic:
Anyone been watching the stock? Starting to drop after peaking..:popcorn:

Dave k. is not among them. Tom c. indy man is.
most formPjax/vitran east.
They are looking at saving and efficient .
Changed garbage pickup
Got the other copiers running so the gals do not have to wait for each other.
So far they have made things faster.
Only 2 forks shipped out.
no one let go yet.

Changed garbage pickup
no one let go yet.

What you listed, garbage p/u etc doesn't sound like somthin an "audit" team should be doin. Sounds like a manager/supervisors job but than again maybe the "audit team" is gettin sum butts movin:Bondage:. Bout time:popcorn: This is a good topic. Hope everybody keeps us informed since management gets ummm too busy sometimes to let us know whats goin on:whistling:

Changed garbage pickup
no one let go yet.

Yes Tom was there. Dave was also there for a day (maybe more like a few hrs).

Can I ask officeman what teminal you are from?