SAIA | AUG alarm

Ro Ho

TB Lurker
Credits
I hear we have had a second driver arrested after setting off the alarm at AUG doing a work off. All three codes are different, gate; door and alarm are all different. Set off the alarm with the wrong code, security calls, you don’t know the password (it’s not the numeric code), they call the police, you go to jail for the night. Someone needs to get this problem fixed.

I hear we have had a second driver arrested after setting off the alarm at AUG doing a work off. All three codes are different, gate; door and alarm are all different. Set off the alarm with the wrong code, security calls, you don’t know the password (it’s not the numeric code), they call the police, you go to jail for the night. Someone needs to get this problem fixed.

Stop doing work offs.

i say call mike E.,he is in charge of line haul,he should have codes for every terminal..i hope the driver got paid in jail,i would be going to the head of human resources.thank youuuuuu:ranting2::Duel:

i say call mike E.,he is in charge of line haul,he should have codes for every terminal..i hope the driver got paid in jail,i would be going to the head of human resources.thank youuuuuu:ranting2::Duel:

I have discovered that sometimes those changes to the codes don"t always get communicated in a timely manner (i.e. I didn"t get the memo) or the changes weren"t made on a timely basis or_______________(fill in the blank) The last time I found out about a code change was when I went to a dark terminal and could not open the padlock.
:Flame-On:
Central Dispatch said that our terminal manager should have the info. My response was they pass out the info like they hand out $100 bills. :biglaugh:

When i was laid off in March, all three codes were the same. They have always been that way. However, since there is no more local management, who would be there to change the codes? I know several times the alarm company was still calling me about the alarm. The contract reads to call the terminal, then central dispatch, then the list of local people (of which all 3 were laid off). The code word was established by security and we were advised to not give it out except to the three key people of the call list. If the call volume/hold time has not changed in central, they would not hang on forever to talk to someone.

I've set it off in GVL and never had a problem. Here they call the terminal first, and then one of the 4 members of managment. If the person at the terminal doesn't have the password, managment is called.

This is typical of how Mickey Mouse companies operate. During the time all these phone calls are made, someone could clear out and entire office, dock, or make off with a few trailers.

This is typical of how Mickey Mouse companies operate. During the time all these phone calls are made, someone could clear out and entire office, dock, or make off with a few trailers.

What they are doing is trying to determine if there is a true problem or not. I would go into details as to how they determine that, but given this is a public board, I'm not going to.

The reason the calls were routed like that is that many road drivers set the alarm off in the middle of the night. This would happen 2-3 times a night several nights in a row. Even with the big yellow sign on the door explaining the alarm system it still happened. When you have to get up 2-3 times a night and make the 30 minute drive one way to see that there is no issue because you had no way to verify if it was a driver, gets old quickly.

The dock alarm in Augusta has always been a problem but there is more to this story than is being told. I understand that one of the drivers involved was uncooperative with the police and had an outstanding unpaid fine that contributed to his arrest. The other driver was held for questioning, never arrested and was released after being cleared. As far as the Augusta gate codes gate codes go I understand that they have all been changed back to match the security system code although it is not the same code that most other terminals use. There are several terminals that I know of that use different codes. If drivers that are going to unfamiliar terminal would take the responsibility to find out about potential problems from dispatch or other drivers BEFORE they just assume everything is the same at all terminals then they would not be getting in trouble. I.E. going to an old closed terminal, getting arrested, getting the police called on them, getting shocked by electric fences that they have no idea how to disarm ect .....

The dock alarm in Augusta has always been a problem but there is more to this story than is being told. I understand that one of the drivers involved was uncooperative with the police and had an outstanding unpaid fine that contributed to his arrest. The other driver was held for questioning, never arrested and was released after being cleared. As far as the Augusta gate codes gate codes go I understand that they have all been changed back to match the security system code although it is not the same code that most other terminals use. There are several terminals that I know of that use different codes. If drivers that are going to unfamiliar terminal would take the responsibility to find out about potential problems from dispatch or other drivers BEFORE they just assume everything is the same at all terminals then they would not be getting in trouble. I.E. going to an old closed terminal, getting arrested, getting the police called on them, getting shocked by electric fences that they have no idea how to disarm yet .....

You are correct. The first one didn't do what the police told him, but the unpaid fine was a scale ticket.

The dock alarm in Augusta has always been a problem but there is more to this story than is being told. I understand that one of the drivers involved was uncooperative with the police and had an outstanding unpaid fine that contributed to his arrest. The other driver was held for questioning, never arrested and was released after being cleared. As far as the Augusta gate codes gate codes go I understand that they have all been changed back to match the security system code although it is not the same code that most other terminals use. There are several terminals that I know of that use different codes. If drivers that are going to unfamiliar terminal would take the responsibility to find out about potential problems from dispatch or other drivers BEFORE they just assume everything is the same at all terminals then they would not be getting in trouble. I.E. going to an old closed terminal, getting arrested, getting the police called on them, getting shocked by electric fences that they have no idea how to disarm ect .....

more to this story than is being told.
That is why I started this thread, fishing for more info
, I heard driver No#2 was detained till 11 AM the next day, if that's true, I bet he wasn't paid for his time in detention. He may not have been arrested, but lost his freedom untill released and could not continue his dispatch untill then. As for calling dispatch before going into an unfilamar terminal, I've seen nothing advising to do so on any compamy documents. As for someone getting shocked, I've not heard that one..

If I set the alarm off, I would get back in my car, drive away, and wait for the cops to show up, then I would drive in.

If I set the alarm off, I would get back in my car, drive away, and wait for the cops to show up, then I would drive in.

Call 911 and tell them who you are, where you are and request that they not shoot you, that you work here... stay on the phone with the 911 dispatcher, it's recorded.

Car? You do work off's in the middle of the night :roll1::roll1::roll1: in your CAR?

"work offs" right?

Plenty have been shocked in GVL, but it was just lack off attention or poor judgement. It's not bad enough to kill you, but bad enough to where you don't want to touch it again. Not from personal experience, just what I've been told. I'm not going to post the full story on the guy I know who was arrested, but word to the wise...do what the cops tell you and let them follow procedure and you will be fine.