XPO | Auto shut off

Its really made things VERY easy in the office or phone.

What is going on with your *&^ Truck!? Driver!

Its broke.

WHATS BROKE &*%

Dunno. Computer says its broke.

WHAT!?

Then they contemplate how far back in the rockies they have to send a hook and add up the losses and begin to really lose their ::shit::. For us its usually a week in a good hotel waiting on the demons to get that old thing straightened out again.

In the old days prior to the computer crap, I had a tractor fail to start. A old Mack R with a dynomax detriot two stroke. Shop boss thought a minute and said driver listen to me very carefully...

Get a bic pen. Make sure that bitch is in nuetral and chocked first. Open hood, find the big can on the right of the engine block near the turbo. Jam your pen straight up it's ass. She'll start.

And thats exactly what she did.

Nope. They have the fast idle turned off. Three is three.
To save what? $50 - $60 in fuel? Versus drivers being comfortable in OUR office.

As a driver , you haul freight worth millions of dollars up and down the road , safely and on time. P&D drivers deal directly with the customers ( not over the phone or through emails )

The VAST MAJORITY of drivers do what's required under ALL sorts of challenging circumstances: bad weather , distracted drivers , hostile and/or difficult customers , you name it...why should a driver have to worry about staying warm in the winter or cool in the summer , in their OWN OFFICE?

You can trust drivers to risk their lives for their jobs but you can't trust them enough to be comfortable in their damn tractor?

To save what? $50 - $60 in fuel? Versus drivers being comfortable in OUR office.

As a driver , you haul freight worth millions of dollars up and down the road , safely and on time. P&D drivers deal directly with the customers ( not over the phone or through emails )

The VAST MAJORITY of drivers do what's required under ALL sorts of challenging circumstances: bad weather , distracted drivers , hostile and/or difficult customers , you name it...why should a driver have to worry about staying warm in the winter or cool in the summer , in their OWN OFFICE?

You can trust drivers to risk their lives for their jobs but you can't trust them enough to be comfortable in their damn tractor?
I agree. Talked to some guy named Stewart in maintenance. Says you don’t need them turned on. I said easy to say sitting behind a desk, why don’t you come up here and sit with me on the side of the road in -35? I’ll be happy to shut the truck off and you can see if we need it then.

Don’t forget the fuel wasted on ghost pickups….

It's not the company, it's the Federal Government and the "green" initiative attempting to reduce emissions/CO2.

I disagree.... the government just gives the company an excuse....
Just for starters...

Just for starters...

I understand that there are no idle laws and EPA regulations.... to my knowledge though there are no laws requiring companies to make the trucks automatically shut down...

I understand that there are no idle laws and EPA regulations.... to my knowledge though there are no laws requiring companies to make the trucks automatically shut down...
I recall one time, ours would speed up a few seconds up if idled too long.

Just for starters...

Makes you wonder what percentage of pollution is caused by bovine farts

I hear you breeze, horrible conditions in those mountain ranges of Florida. This morning Fort Myers area had a tornado. We get some tough winter weather down here in Floridia!! :hide:
:lmao: :tr10driving03:
I feel for you Roady, we had 36 and a very cold rain here on the Carolina coast this AM