XPO | Auto shut off

What about trucks without generators? I was at a Amazon facility & the temperature was in the 90’s they told me to drop the trailer pull up to the fence & give us your keys. I asked wher the drivers room was & they said drivers are not allowed in the building. After calling dispatch & they told me to hook & leave Amazon loaded me. I was always thinking if the temperature was to hot or to cold you could run the trucks….
Most places you go now will call the police if you leave your dog in the car and it's uncomfortable.

I've seen the police called when it wasn't bad out. About 65⁰ Fahrenheit. Dog in the car with windows cracked while we ate lunch. Police rolled up and threaten a ticket if the dog wasn't taken out of the car.

P S. , there typically aren't airbags in tractors for drivers but you can find airbags in a nicely loaded trailer. You may also find MORE straps on the freight to keep it secure than you have available for securing the driver. Notice a pattern?

I think every company can load whatever parameters they want into their tractors. It’s not a blanket option.
To a point. Years ago the engines companies won a lawsuit saying they do not have to honor any warrenties if the engines parameters are changed. Like tourque HP boost pressure

Do most North-end tractors have the temp indicator or just the fancy models?
Breeze, that was an older Volvo with the smaller display but they did show outside temp. More recent Volvo tractors have a larger dashboard display with a lot more info. In fact, those newer displays are so good that on boring stretches of road, I watch YouTube videos on them.

PS - When dispatch calls me for a run, I either get a "fancy model" tractor or I stay home till they get me one. I've taken a page out of the Seabreeze playbook. :smile new:

Breeze, that was an older Volvo with the smaller display but they did show outside temp. More recent Volvo tractors have a larger dashboard display with a lot more info. In fact, those newer displays are so good that on boring stretches of road, I watch YouTube videos on them.

PS - When dispatch calls me for a run, I either get a "fancy model" tractor or I stay home till they get me one. I've taken a page out of the Seabreeze playbook. :smile new:
Almost like extortion?

At all of the carriers that I worked for I always had a newer model tractor. You turned the key on and it started, you turned the key off it shut down. How about that technology!!!:6788:
:clapping::hide:

At all of the carriers that I worked for I always had a newer model tractor. You turned the key on and it started, you turned the key off it shut down. How about that technology!!!:6788:
:clapping::hide:
You were lucky. Breeze and I had to go in front with the crank handle, stick it through the little opening in the grill, catch the cogs on the harmonic balancer and give a hard crank with the spark advance retarded so it didn't kick back and break your arm. I use the crank now to stir drinks for party guests in my man cave. :bananapartyhat:

You were lucky. Breeze and I had to go in front with the crank handle, stick it through the little opening in the grill, catch the cogs on the harmonic balancer and give a hard crank with the spark advance retarded so it didn't kick back and break your arm. I use the crank now to stir drinks for party guests in my man cave. :bananapartyhat:
Did you adjust your drive chains?