XPO | Automated Dock

4.3Danger_w/wet

TB Lurker
Credits
Thought I'd throw something out there that's starting to take effect in some Serivice Centers.
Full dock automation,any other centers out there gone to the automated dock system yet?I know we're one that's using it now.
And if you are how is it working out?

Thought I'd throw something out there that's starting to take effect in some Serivice Centers.
Full dock automation,any other centers out there gone to the automated dock system yet?I know we're one that's using it now.
And if you are how is it working out?
We're still using the old stone and chisel. Where you working out of?

I don't know where it's being used now, but it will be system wide by the end of 2009. Full dock automation. If you take freight out of a trailer, you will scan a bar code and your name and a time stamp will be put on that freight instantly. If you load freight, your name and a time stamp will be put on that freight instantly. If there are 5 big skids on the dock, and a white shirt wants to know who put it there instead of loading it, all they will have to do is scan the pro and instantly and dynamically they will know who put it there. It's about time that we caught up with the Nineties and put away out #2 pencils. This will also be true with P&D drivers. When we deliver freight, we will automatically scan the FBDS and final deliver the pro. This will automatically update on our website the static of the pro involved.

Sounds like good experience for that check out job at Walmart when you retire on your Con-Way pension or 401K :1036316054:

I don't know where it's being used now, but it will be system wide by the end of 2009. Full dock automation. If you take freight out of a trailer, you will scan a bar code and your name and a time stamp will be put on that freight instantly. If you load freight, your name and a time stamp will be put on that freight instantly. If there are 5 big skids on the dock, and a white shirt wants to know who put it there instead of loading it, all they will have to do is scan the pro and instantly and dynamically they will know who put it there. It's about time that we caught up with the Nineties and put away out #2 pencils. This will also be true with P&D drivers. When we deliver freight, we will automatically scan the FBDS and final deliver the pro. This will automatically update on our website the static of the pro involved.

Will be a pain working the bugs out but I'm all for it. Will save a lot of wasted time in the end.
I like it,but we are still working the bugs out.Hopefully by the time it goes system wide it will be smoother for everyone else.Only time will tell.Sure saves on the paper work less time writing.

I think i saw a training course for all this on the "Employee Portal". Might be worth checking out to get familiar with it before it comes to your terminal.

gonna miss the ol' number 2s, but this is long overdue...guess I can put away the club, and stop draggin' my wife around by the hair...she'll be happy...

Welcome to 2008! Central has been useing this type of system since the 90s. The new dolphin stuff we have is the best we have had thus far.