Averitt | Averitt get's Volvo's new remote diagnostic tractor.

Iceman

Company Man
Credits
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Volvo Trucks announced that its 25,000th truck equipped with its remote diagnostics system was placed in service earlier this month by Averitt Express .Volvo

I'm having a random engine fault light that comes and goes, hopefully they can remote fix it without having to visit a shop.

Engine check engine light comes on, check gauges, stop check oil and coolant, get back in truck and haul azz. This has been a problem ever since we've had electronic engines., Take it to the shop....they plug it in...no problem, take it to dealer the plug it in, no problem....as long as you have oil pressure, proper engine temp and no loss in power....don't worry about it!
Remote Fix...means the dealer doesn't want to be bothered about it. We have had electronic issues with these new Volvo's since we have gotten them. Volvo now says Xm radios and CB's are causing the issues.....How about the CRAPPY wiring and WORKMANSHIP issues.....As far as I'm concerned ANYTHING BUILT IN NEW RIVER VA IS JUNK!

Start expecting messages from breakdown..... I had a buddy who was at a svs ctr who doesnt have on-site fuel and he was running low on DEF (he had a jug of it but was trying not to use it), breakdown sent a message to go get it (like he didnt have a clue it was low). Though it's being promoted that we may get messages that there is a problem on the truck before we even see a check engine light. I see a lot of guys getting sent to dealerships/svs ctrs over small issues that can wait...

It's all about $$$$$...This past Tuesday...the little elbow hose on my COMFORT PRO APU broke while at a customer, thus dumping all the coolant in the truck on the ground. Did a M15..got a call from breakdown, yeah we know about this problem, "there is a recall out on this"...WTF! I close the by pass valve back to APU, So after 6.5 gals of water later...I limp into CLT, shop mgr..{we know all about this ...it's the elbow hose just off the apu water pump} I ask do you have one in stock...NOOOOOOdriver...you have to put your truck out of service and we have to ORDER it! Fleet Mgr::::you don't need APU , you can idle....WE HAVE FREIGHT TO MOVE!

Start expecting messages from breakdown..... I had a buddy who was at a svs ctr who doesnt have on-site fuel and he was running low on DEF (he had a jug of it but was trying not to use it), breakdown sent a message to go get it (like he didnt have a clue it was low). Though it's being promoted that we may get messages that there is a problem on the truck before we even see a check engine light. I see a lot of guys getting sent to dealerships/svs ctrs over small issues that can wait...

That's our excellent management team. Clueless to the core. Had one of these breakdown puppets tell one of my fellow drivers that was broke down that he was out of fuel. Nothing could have been further from the truth but they sent a service truck out on the road call with nothing but a can of fuel after they were told it was a half tank of fuel. The puppet said "I am looking at it right here and you are out of fuel". It is this kind of hair on fire mis-management that makes the lion's share of us truly not give a rats a$$ including me. They are so smart, let them make the calls and laugh at them as they do. Draw your breakdown pay and roll with it.

It's all about $$$$$...This past Tuesday...the little elbow hose on my COMFORT PRO APU broke while at a customer, thus dumping all the coolant in the truck on the ground. Did a M15..got a call from breakdown, yeah we know about this problem, "there is a recall out on this"...WTF! I close the by pass valve back to APU, So after 6.5 gals of water later...I limp into CLT, shop mgr..{we know all about this ...it's the elbow hose just off the apu water pump} I ask do you have one in stock...NOOOOOOdriver...you have to put your truck out of service and we have to ORDER it! Fleet Mgr::::you don't need APU , you can idle....WE HAVE FREIGHT TO MOVE!

This is so typical Averitt. It happens multiple times every day. As I have said so many times before I cannot for the life of me how this company can make any money with the revolving door of stupid crap like this that goes on constantly.