TForce | Bédard looks to fix the 1 thing broken at TFI

We aren't in lockstep with TFI culture because they need to kick UPS the heck out first.

It will be interesting what the new IT will bring. And the annual practice of tuck in acquisitions... what does that mean?

One thing is for sure, Alain Bedard and TFI are definitely no joke. If he can throw a handle on us, TFI Can be the largest Transportation Company in North America. (opinion)

How the hell are we supposed to adapt to the TFI culture when we haven't been told dick about TFI, it's culture, wtf is going on or what the future holds. Our management sucks and they are stuck in the UPS mentality of it's not my fault its those damn drivers and dock workers. Overall we have a good workforce who just want to do our jobs get paid fairly and spend time with our families.

What is the TFI culture anyway? Our terminal has laid off workers. They ask for volunteers to take day off on a consistent basis based on their numbers game dictated by upper management. Our local management know it’s very flawed but has no control over it. They say it does not contribute to lowering OR.
With all the people off, little to no new equipment replacing the ones that corporate will not repair, Upper management is losing customers for us. The drivers that do come in to work end up working 11-14 hours a day. Runs all over the place…an Alan Bedard no no, Chasing close times and extreme overtime for all. We are increasing OR at my terminal because of Upper management.

I have a feeling once his big obstacle is taken care of, our next contract, he will hone in on managerial staff. We are too top heavy, have dead weight positions and ideology.

I think we will start seeing more TFI technology at the 3 year point of the 5 year deal they struck with UPS.

Bédard was blunt in his assessment of the U.S. business, saying it was burdened with a legacy IT system that came with the acquisition. The system, which is different from what other TFI segments use, provides poor visibility into virtually everything the unit tries to do, and the results have been higher
costs and mediocre customer service, he said.

The unit is expected to migrate to TFI’s IT system at the beginning of 2023.

2021 TFI Announcement buying UPS Freight
UPS to provide IT, back office, and other support for up to 3 years, minimizing systems disruption
The 2023 TFI system migration is on par. 3 years is just about up.
2 more years being UPS slave on some freight.

TFI cuts sales staff after CEO bemoans high costs

Bédard expressed displeasure with the costs of the sales side of the business. He told analysts in July that TForce Freight had been spending $350,000 a month on sales.

“I fell off my chair when I learned that — impossible,” he said. “So we are now working with the team to address [it]. This is not normal, guys. I mean, what are we doing?”

IMO:
1sr hurdle was chopping top heavy sales staff. 2021
2nd hurdle will be our contract, TFI infrastructure implementation 2023
3rd hurdle should be to chop top heavy management staff 2023
….More Lean and mean.

He says he doesn't want us to chase freight that is 100 miles away from the terminal. They are closing the Beaumont, TX terminal. Its 88 miles away from the Houston terminal. Beaumont is part of the triangle before you hit Louisiana. This triangle consists of Port Arthur and Orange, TX. Parts of Beaumont will put you over the 100 mile mark plus add in the other towns that part of the triangle. Also said Baton Rouge terminal gonna cover part of Beaumont and surrounding areas. Baton Rouge terminal is over 100 miles away, hello. The Beaumont terminal cover all the way to Lake Charles, La. Baton Rouge terminal is still over a hundred miles to get to Lake Charles, hello.

He says he doesn't want us to chase freight that is 100 miles away from the terminal. They are closing the Beaumont, TX terminal. Its 88 miles away from the Houston terminal. Beaumont is part of the triangle before you hit Louisiana. This triangle consists of Port Arthur and Orange, TX. Parts of Beaumont will put you over the 100 mile mark plus add in the other towns that part of the triangle. Also said Baton Rouge terminal gonna cover part of Beaumont and surrounding areas. Baton Rouge terminal is over 100 miles away, hello. The Beaumont terminal cover all the way to Lake Charles, La. Baton Rouge terminal is still over a hundred miles to get to Lake Charles, hello.
Texas is a unique market. You have large cities and vast rural areas. It has been and will always be a troubled spot for companies to cover and make a profit.

Yeah Fedex, Old Dominion, AAA, South Eastern, Averitt and SMT are the last carriers in the Beaumont area. All the other carriers run it out of Houston.