Pitt-Ohio | Back to the main Board

There will be a number of terminals available in the northeast over the next year as YRC and New Penn continue there network optimization. Terminals will be merged leaving other barns vacated. Pitt is probably monitoring this developing situation.

There will be a number of terminals available in the northeast over the next year as YRC and New Penn continue there network optimization. Terminals will be merged leaving other barns vacated. Pitt is probably monitoring this developing situation.
most are owned by real estate holding companies already( Sold off by YRC in 2009 fire sale) . New Penn in S. Kearny was sold off to real estate company and is empty. The one NP had in VT is now occupied by Saia. NP's Troy NY (Albany) was just taken over by R&L. We took the Newburgh when they moved and we own their Maspeth location. Ross might due well with either Billerica Ma, or RI as they are nice terminals. They share the one in West Springfield, Ma with another company. Syracuse and Buffalo might fit you if they become available.

most are owned by real estate holding companies already( Sold off by YRC in 2009 fire sale) . New Penn in S. Kearny was sold off to real estate company and is empty. The one NP had in VT is now occupied by Saia. NP's Troy NY (Albany) was just taken over by R&L. We took the Newburgh when they moved and we own their Maspeth location. Ross might due well with either Billerica Ma, or RI as they are nice terminals. They share the one in West Springfield, Ma with another company. Syracuse and Buffalo might fit you if they become available.
Is that on Grand Ave in Maspeth? I used to go there a lot as a kid riding with my dad and there were a couple of terminals on Grand Ave/St right on the Brooklyn/Queens border but my memory is a bit fuzzy on what companies were there. Island Transportation, the tanker company, had a terminal down there as well. Maspeth was a truck fans’s dream in the 1970’s and prior, everything from UPS to LTLs to oil and ready mix companies.

Think Pyle also owns the YRC building in Burlington, Vt as well as Westbrook, Maine. Think a location in the Baltimore area also

I really don’t know what p/o management is thinking on their Ross Sutton MA expansion plans. I know that they looked into buying an A Duie Pile barn in Webster MA that’s for sale, but the asking price was too high. Then I heard that they were going to look at a piece of land off route 20 in Auburn MA. Don’t know if they followed through on that plan.Somewhere around 300 Washington street,(route 20), is where they said they were gonna look. Not gonna hold my breath for them to do anything quick. Why? It’s taking an act of Congress for them to make a decision on getting a worn out cylinder on my fork truck to be repaired. When it totally starts leaking and won’t lift any freight is when they’ll decide to fix it. If not, then I guess I’ll quit, cause I’m not moving freight with a pallet Jack.
Drove by route 20 yesterday and looks like they are starting to clear the land over there.Gonna be fun pulling in and out of there.

Drove by route 20 yesterday and looks like they are starting to clear the land over there.Gonna be fun pulling in and out of there.
Welcome to Truckingboards and your first post
Celebrate Hardly Art GIF by Tacocat

Did u see any kind of land clearing for development around 300 Washington street in Auburn Ma...cause I checked yesterday and didn’t see any activity there. Even checked an 8 acre lot for sale around 311 Washington street.

Did u see any kind of land clearing for development around 300 Washington street in Auburn Ma...cause I checked yesterday and didn’t see any activity there. Even checked an 8 acre lot for sale around 311 Washington street.

Not much to see just a couple pieces of equipment and some downed trees

77AD3000-C0C4-4843-895F-D116F21A6C1B.md.jpg 0087CB85-9FF4-43DD-BD68-FE6CF8E1B921.md.jpg C81FD4C5-1D51-4644-8E6E-D47F62690C50.md.jpg
Is this the site of a new Ross Express terminal that the Sutton barn will be moving into or some other business? Why? Cause I haven’t heard any scuttlebutt about them purchasing a Parcel of land anywhere yet. It could very well be, will have to come right out and ask the Sutton tm on this. If this is indeed their new barn for Sutton, I think that I would have heard something by now, unless corp wants to keep it hush hush till it’s built.
Is this job site on the west bound side of route 20, around 189-191 washington street, opposite the Mazda dealership?

Is this the site of a new Ross Express terminal that the Sutton barn will be moving into or some other business? Why? Cause I haven’t heard any scuttlebutt about them purchasing a Parcel of land anywhere yet. It could very well be, will have to come right out and ask the Sutton tm on this. If this is indeed their new barn for Sutton, I think that I would have heard something by now, unless corp wants to keep it hush hush till it’s built.
Is this job site on the west bound side of route 20, around 189-191 washington street, opposite the Mazda dealership?
I think you would’ve heard if they were at the point where they were breaking ground considering the time and red tape it takes to get to this point. Then again, we haven’t been having our traditional meetings so current events might not be shared as they normally would be.

I think you would’ve heard if they were at the point where they were breaking ground considering the time and red tape it takes to get to this point. Then again, we haven’t been having our traditional meetings so current events might not be shared as they normally would be.
Talked to my o/b super today and he said that this very well might be Ross Express’s new Boston MA terminal going up around 189-193 Washington street, Auburn, MA.If it is, was told that it might be ready to open up something in April. Having said that, there is no hard confirmation that this is indeed the new Boston Ross Express barn at this time.Time will tell though. Will keep ya’ll updated as info becomes available.

Talked to my o/b super today and he said that this very well might be Ross Express’s new Boston MA terminal going up around 189-193 Washington street, Auburn, MA.If it is, was told that it might be ready to open up something in April. Having said that, there is no hard confirmation that this is indeed the new Boston Ross Express barn at this time.Time will tell though. Will keep ya’ll updated as info becomes available.
They are going to town clearing the lot but I doubt that something is going to be built in two months unless you are saying April 2022.They might get the pad poured by June or so .

They are going to town clearing the lot but I doubt that something is going to be built in two months unless you are saying April 2022.They might get the pad poured by June or so .
They could possibly get the building up and running by then seeing how they’ll only need a pad, walls, a roof an a small office. But you’re probably right, they won’t get it done anytime soon.