Back to work we go!

Why not ask day tripper a.k.a Ray how he can file so many decerts for so many terminals, I dont remember any election nomminating him to represent anyone:butt kiss:

Why not ask day tripper a.k.a Ray how he can file so many decerts for so many terminals, I dont remember any election nomminating him to represent anyone:butt kiss:

Wrong again. Do not assume anything about me. You don't have a clue. Must be one of those laid off, to far down the food chain after all the biz lost with economy and the great Union defeat. This decert thing seems to be a little scary for you. Hang in there. Maybe a year or two down the road Oak will recover enough to find some spot for you. At least you can draw unemployement now.

if your talking about something i said than show me proof!!!!! truth! lies! come on show it! the only proof I've seen is the FACT they spent a ton of money that could have been better spent on keeping us working rather than to ALLOW the strike. we would all still be well off financially if they just worked out a decent contract and left things alone. do you not see that? it's plain as day!

easy there ,it is meant that the VPs are being told what they plan will not work just like our politicians.you go to them and show them with proof what has worked in the past and they do not listen.the VPs have been told by people that their plan to remove the union will not work and they continued on with their plan anyway. as smart as a politician.

it seems to me that you should only be able to file a decert petition from the terminal you are based out of not every one that is affiliated with the company hopefully the nlrb notices this just wondering when the v. bros are gonna turn thier backs on us again and file the petion they started

Wrong again. Do not assume anything about me. You don't have a clue. Must be one of those laid off, to far down the food chain after all the biz lost with economy and the great Union defeat. This decert thing seems to be a little scary for you. Hang in there. Maybe a year or two down the road Oak will recover enough to find some spot for you. At least you can draw unemployement now.

Yea....that's why YOU'RE posting at *3:00* in the afternoon. Sorry you couldn't file for unemployment since you assisted in a labor dispute.... :flame:

easy there ,it is meant that the VPs are being told what they plan will not work just like our politicians.you go to them and show them with proof what has worked in the past and they do not listen.the VPs have been told by people that their plan to remove the union will not work and they continued on with their plan anyway. as smart as a politician.

my apologies:smilie_132: I mistook the post as a remark about my post sorry! It's just a bit nerve racking to have to lived through this and be on the verge of utter personal financial collapse that was totally preventable and should never have gone to this point. again my apologies! Hopefully now that I am back working the process of recovery can begin!

it seems to me that you should only be able to file a decert petition from the terminal you are based out of not every one that is affiliated with the company hopefully the nlrb notices this just wondering when the v. bros are gonna turn thier backs on us again and file the petion they started

The v brothers need 30% of the employees in Portland to sign the petition. Do you think that will happen? I hope they are squirming.

There are habitually 12-15 "posters" on this site. That many people don't all stop posting at the same time unless there has been some coordination, some communication, some instruction to do so.

This would indicate to me that they were not individuals with their own opinions, but puppets of someone or something else that tells them what and when to post. I cannot come up with any other logical reason why the posts suddenly stopped.

Even if everything was "hunkydory", 100% of the posters would not see it that way and someone would be posting.

Just my opinion mind you.

There are habitually 12-15 "posters" on this site. That many people don't all stop posting at the same time unless there has been some coordination, some communication, some instruction to do so.

This would indicate to me that they were not individuals with their own opinions, but puppets of someone or something else that tells them what and when to post. I cannot come up with any other logical reason why the posts suddenly stopped.

Even if everything was "hunkydory", 100% of the posters would not see it that way and someone would be posting.

Just my opinion mind you.

I am one that is not among the habitual posters, just every once in a while. I have tried to stay neutral, ask questions, and get some help understanding both sides. I stopped posting because I was tired of "angry guy", and that moniker could apply to a number of posters, telling me that I was stupid for asking and not understanding the teamster point of view. That alone answered some of my questions. However, you are correct about everyone dropping off the face of the earth all at once, and specifically after the union requested the return to work. From the outside looking in, it appears that a muzzle has been put in place. Why would that be?

No puppets here.....

Not much to talk about right now, really.

De-certification petition sucks....Ray M sucks....Management sucks....the BIG BAD "S" words suck....and lots of grievances going on right now too.

That pretty much sums it up.

Same stuff, different day.

I am one that is not among the habitual posters, just every once in a while. I have tried to stay neutral, ask questions, and get some help understanding both sides. I stopped posting because I was tired of "angry guy", and that moniker could apply to a number of posters, telling me that I was stupid for asking and not understanding the teamster point of view. That alone answered some of my questions. However, you are correct about everyone dropping off the face of the earth all at once, and specifically after the union requested the return to work. From the outside looking in, it appears that a muzzle has been put in place. Why would that be?

Chuckandbob,

I am also a regularr reader and occasional poster. I work for Oak in CA and am non union, and like you have worked hard to stay neutral. Frankly I see both sides and hope the brothers can keep the represented folks happy so we can all get back to business as usual.

Seems to me that the angry folks have either stopped on their own, been told to stop, or are too busy delivering freight to post....I am hoping for the busy option.

CA is looking better every day, more deliveries and talk of bringing back some of the laid off folks.

if they bring back non union workers they need to stay south of ore and wa we are union here and we need to get our brothers and sisters back to work BEFORE you all start trying to run up here No hard feelings but the union has given u the wages you are getting even though you are none union do you honestly think OAKH would be paying you the wages they do if the union wasnt here, time to stop riding on shirtails and get invovled go union and have a say. It might not be perfect but it sure beats what the vanderpoops are trying to do to you:duh:

I heartily agree wih the previous post. I understand we still have at least two California drivers working in Portland still, because they "followed the work". So, myself and a lot of other line drivers are sitting at home on unemployment while a couple of... gentlemen (see, I'm trying to be nice)... from California followed the work to Portland.

Ummm... what article in their labor agreement calls for them to follow the work?

Oh, that's right... duh! I forgot...

THEY DONT HAVE A LABOR AGREEMENT!

Hell, even OUR guys can't follow the work the way these guys supposedy have. This is another fine example of the company breaking the law and flaunting it in front of the union and the NLRB!

If the people in the non-union terminals want to live and work like slaves in indentured servitude, then they NEVER... EVER... have a right to complain to me or ny other Temster who stood on that line about the conditions they are working under.

I don't want to hear about it, unless they are willing to sign union cards and stand up like MEN- not slaves- and FIGHT for themselves and their familes against the injustice ad arrogance of this company's owners!

If I sound fighting mad, it's because I am, and dammit, I earned a right to be mad!

And as to their phony-baloney decertification attempts.. it will be tossed out. You wait and see. I know a little about decerts, and what they are pulling is so against the law that it isn't even funny.

If this is the best their hot-shot labor attorney can pull out of his dandruff-filled head, I am not impressed!

for all those wondering I have been quite on here because I am back to working my 10 hour days and I do not have much free time anymore. and since we are still union it would be in everyone's best interest not to let this happen again, so I say to you non unon oak harbor brothers and sisters to call your Teamsters local in your area and become Teamsters. Do not let them scare you, you have the right exercise it. As a result of the actions of our employer during this time, and the continued full bore attack to try to eliminate us through bogus decert petitions, the only answer to the problem is to be a full Teamster company!!!!! no more of this half union half non b*******! You able to save much money on that .15 cents an hour to be able to stay home when your sick? again the only answer is full teamster representation company wide!!!!!!!!