Estes | background check

anybody know how long a background check takes trying to get a job at estes its been two weeks thanks

It may be tomarrow or 3 more weeks based on what I've heard and seen. ... Assuming that you went in a filled out a paper app already. Good luck!

... Assuming that you went in a filled out a paper app already.

Mildew, he's the same guy in the "is Estes hiring" thread who already had an interview. Do we need to check your log book? Maybe we need to start interviewing moderators. Just sayin'. :kickedoutsmile:

Hey smty4263, I'm in the same boat, just tryin' to be patient. It hasn't been quite as long for me, but it seems like forever considering the TM wanted to move forward with the process. I have a question, though: what job classification did you apply for (p&d, linehaul, utility)?

utility im also trying to be patient the tm wanted to move forward with me to its been two weeks i guess they want the best let you know when i get a call good luck

Mildew, he's the same guy in the "is Estes hiring" thread who already had an interview. Do we need to check your log book? Maybe we need to start interviewing moderators.
I knew that! I was just seeing if ya all were watchin :hide:

Speaking of background checks,can a convicted felon pass one,and what is estes police on hiring convicted felons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of background checks,can a convicted felon pass one,and what is estes police on hiring convicted felons.

I think I seen on the app where it says its not necessarily a disqualification but they need to know in detail what happened and when was it.

I was told that they consider violent crimes and theft offenses (even misdemeanors) as being the worst, and could possibly disqualify you because of insurance concerns. They supposedly look at applicant backgrounds on a case-by-case basis and consider the amount of time that has passed since the offense. Obviously, you need to have your Hazmat endorsement, which isn't a problem if it has been over 7 years since a felony conviction (otherwise you have to request a waiver from TSA). I wish I didn't know this stuff.

I was able to get an interview with them, but I had to advocate for myself big-time to even get that far because of my own past. I say go for it. Guys like us have nothing to lose; the worst they can say is "no". And I haven't heard it yet...