Yellow | Backstripping Freight

realityofitall

TB Regular
Credits
How many of you have to back strip your entire trailer everyday because the full time and part time crew cant read a manifest and just load it anyway they feel ? Its a daily occurance at my terminal and I for one am fed up.

How many of you have to back strip your entire trailer everyday because the full time and part time crew cant read a manifest and just load it anyway they feel ? Its a daily occurance at my terminal and I for one am fed up.
I solve that issue by docking all your freight and letting you route yourself. :hilarious:

We strip out every trailer ever DAY , they will bury one or two skids in nose behind 20 skids of tipped over freight and it's never ever going to change :heykoolaid:

We strip out every trailer ever DAY , they will bury one or two skids in nose behind 20 skids of tipped over freight and it's never ever going to change :heykoolaid:

G4pM4Ha.jpg

I once witnessed a dockman back drag with the long blades a fifteen bundle of steel pipe banded with eight bands. As he kept bag dragging it to the destination trailer, he kept busting the bands. When he finally got to the destination trailer and started pushing it in, the last band broke, so he just jammed all the pipes to the right side of the trailer and drove off. They must have been furious when the pipes got to California.

I once witnessed a dockman back drag with the long blades a fifteen bundle of steel pipe banded with eight bands. As he kept bag dragging it to the destination trailer, he kept busting the bands. When he finally got to the destination trailer and started pushing it in, the last band broke, so he just jammed all the pipes to the right side of the trailer and drove off. They must have been furious when the pipes got to California.

How can that be when we all know it's management that's ruining this company? :hide:

I recall stripping that trailer. The pipe had no labels or pro and wasn’t addressed to my EOL. The BB in SoCal left it on and therefore, our OS&D clerk had to deal with it. 1:10:100

It's always been about production and numbers. Same thing with P&D. Myself and fellow Roadway ABQ P&D drivers would meet at the end of the day and fill out our P&D production cards, while drinking coffee.

It's funny when they have to back strip trailers because of overweight drivers why did they order single axle sleepers lol

I took anything that has instructions like do not stack. Or crush. Or whatever as a challenge. Especially "do not drop or fragile".
I just think some can't read.

Or cleaning the dock with somebody's mattress? That's another favorite of mine.

May have to backstrip this one?

He is “stuck” to the dock floor.

LL4X26k.jpg
Alot of that was in os&d when I left. Busted cases. Many. And some crayons,
I used it to glue glows sticks by the doors ao I could see where I was shoving the mattress which left a track back to the trailer I was working. Kinda like leaving a cracker trail.. Easy to find my way back.
:17142: