AAA Cooper | Bad Crash In Texas

joe bucker

No participation trophies here
Credits
I saw a crash today In Tx on I-30 East of Dallas@ mm 116 & Fm2653. This crash happened between Sulphur Springs and Cumby. All that I could tell about the crash seen is that a rig came across the highway and hit another rig and burst into flames. One of the units was a AAA Cooper. The only way I could tell was there was a little of the side of the trailer that wasn't melted. The local radio said that one driver was killed but don't who. The road was closed for 12 hours. God bless him or her.

A fiery wreck involving two 18 wheelers early this morning resulted in one fatality, two other injuries and the closure of the eastbound lanes of Interstate 30 and one lane of the south service road from the Brashear exit to FM 3389. Link.......

Drove by the spot in the road where this happened.
It an erie site to see such a large schorched section of highway and knowing that nothing protects you from vechiles on the other side comoing at you.

God Bless those effected by this tragedy.

Teamster251 said:
Drove by the spot in the road where this happened.
It an erie site to see such a large schorched section of highway and knowing that nothing protects you from vechiles on the other side comoing at you.

God Bless those effected by this tragedy.

But I hope that you saw out on I-30 Txdot is installing those three cables between the lanes of traffic. I guess that's to slice up whatever comes across so so all you get is the splatter. I've seen the cables cut up a car I just wonder what the cables will do with 80K of truck.:wounded1:

joe bucker said:
But I hope that you saw out on I-30 Txdot is installing those three cables between the lanes of traffic. I guess that's to slice up whatever comes across so so all you get is the splatter. I've seen the cables cut up a car I just wonder what the cables will do with 80K of truck.:wounded1:

I laugh when I watch those guys installing those thin little pegs in the thin little concrete slab then string them with paino wire.

Unless those wires are higher then the tires, I think you'll run right over them. With any luck the rest of the truck will get tangles in the wires and stop you from (God forbid) crossing the median.

I think they could install regualar gaurd rail alot faster.

I have seen a wreck were those cables stopped a big rig from crossing, it hit them and then bounced off them, I was sure the truck would have went right pver them.

Andrew

joe bucker said:
I saw a crash today In Tx on I-30 East of Dallas@ mm 116 & Fm2653. This crash happened between Sulphur Springs and Cumby. All that I could tell about the crash seen is that a rig came across the highway and hit another rig and burst into flames. One of the units was a AAA Cooper. The only way I could tell was there was a little of the side of the trailer that wasn't melted. The local radio said that one driver was killed but don't who. The road was closed for 12 hours. God bless him or her.
Never good to hear of things like this, my thoughts and prayers to the families and all involved.

Teamster251 said:
I laugh when I watch those guys installing those thin little pegs in the thin little concrete slab then string them with paino wire.

**SNIP**

I think they could install regualar gaurd rail alot faster.

I believe that the idea is that the cables will stretch, absorbing some of the energy before bringing whatever hits them to a stop, while anything but the end of a guard rail stops you right now. It is the same idea as the sand and water buckets, and the crushable ends on the guard rails.