Estes | bad days lol

Legshot

Striving for Mediocrity
Credits
Okay...
Yes... It's Legshot, Mr Company Man, ready to pysss and moan. I'm a peddle driver, and have much different things to gripe about, than the more popular line haul driver on this board. I try to understand your pain, so please try to understand mine here.
My gripe is my shop, where I have my PM's done most of the time.

088, New Haven!

My truck was gone for a month, and I wrote it up for a failing clutch, and hard shutting down, and hard starting.
How is it, that you can start a truck with no clutch brake....

GRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRG it into gear, roll it into the shop, and not address this problem???
(last two PM's)
I get my truck back this week, and, yup...
GRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRGRG......CHUNK!!!!!

Now, it is time to shut it down... HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,
HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,HBLA,ddddd.....

Oh Ya.... Time to start it up 17+ times a day...
DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,.........DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,DI,....Broom,,,,,

You know, there is nothing like having to sit at five thousand lights a day, having to hold the clutch to the floor, because the works in the tranny have stopped, and have to be held there, or you start over....CHUNK!...

All the trucks have come back with new tranny bushings as of late, mine included.

These lazy do-nothing mechanics at 088, only do what management tells them, and nothing else...

PUT A NEW CLUTCH IN A CITY TRUCK WHEN REQUESTED!!!!!!!!!!

I have driven the same truck since day one, for ten years... It never comes in on a hook, because I take care of it.
If I was to act like one of these bags of ::shit:: 088 mechanics, I would refuse to not deliver half my truck because I don't feel like it, or nobody from central was bearing down on me to get it done.

Oh.... My mistake.... I did get a new power steering res. that I didn't need.

My one simple question is...... Where is the accountability????
My dispatcher and terminal managers of the past, just shake thier heads, and have to swallow, that this is the way this shop is.

I wrote up a clutch fan for about 7 years, and it was never fixed until a local guy fixed it. SEVEN YEARS!!!! I used to have to run my air out, in traffic, with my brake pedal below 20 pounds, to get the clutch fan to kick in, and cool my motor off! I have to ask myself, after all those write ups, why don't i just let the motor cook, and blow the heads off into the next county???:TR10driving03:
I can't do that.... I'll be late for my next pick up..... That's why...
I'm very frustrated today, because the driver is only as good as his equipment. If you don't give me my proper tools to work with, I'm no better than the dummy on call who does'nt know the area, or speak english.
It's a real treat, when another truck driver, from the competition, sees you having to CHUNK your truck into gear, as the front wheels jump off the ground, to let him in to his spot in this cutomer's door. (The customer sees this.)
I have not been this pyssed at Estes, as a company, for a long time. I just want to be allowed to pull off my job properly, and face the challenge of another day.

I have never worked as hard, and been as dedicated to any company as I have for ESTES.
I don't feel as let down by the company, as I feel the company, has let it's self down, by having these crack addicts working on my, and my peer's equipment. SHAME ON YOU 088! You bag of ::shit::!

I, now feel a bit better after a long day of driving garbage... Legshot...:loser:

Oh Ya,
Bad customer gripes coming up, when I get my energy back! I'm wiped!

WHO ORDERED IT????

WHAT'S THE P.O???

Legshot .... :loser:

that time of the month again .......
i agree and see what your saying. call HR it may help more than you think.

That's no lie about 024, bigdog. Our team left their truck up there for about 3 weeks. This truck was in bad shape.When they picked it up from being at 024, that truck was like brand new. It road better,drove better and pulled better.They brag about that shop to everyone.

That's no lie about 024, bigdog. Our team left their truck up there for about 3 weeks. This truck was in bad shape.When they picked it up from being at 024, that truck was like brand new. It road better,drove better and pulled better.They brag about that shop to everyone.

Not being prejiduce but from what I hear 024 is the top shop just look in the estonia.

I'll tell you another good shop,035 MEM. I've been dealing with David,the shop manager for 2 years now. That guy goes out of his way to help.If you can give him a breif discription of what the truck is doing,8 out of 10 times he knows what's wrong. My "hat's off to the Memphis shop too".

It's a real treat, when another truck driver, from the competition, sees you having to CHUNK your truck into gear, as the front wheels jump off the ground, to let him in to his spot in this cutomer's door. (The customer sees this.)

I feel your pain Legshot really I do but this here made me laugh as I thought of you pulling a wheelie with everybody watching. lol good one...:hysterical:

I for one really appreciate what you guys go thru in P&D 'specially in the New England area. I hope you can get some better cooperation towards getting your truck fixed.

STL is a good shop. Memphis is a good one jury still out on Kansas city's new shop manager

that time of the month again .......
i agree and see what your saying. call HR it may help more than you think.

It's not an HR issue at all... There is no safety problem here. If it was a safety issue, my dispatcher would be more than happy to let the truck sit still. It's a transmission having the ::shit:: beat out of it issue, and a crank the starter for 40 seconds each stop issue. If they have a stockpile of starters and batteries, and transmissions, that's fine. It won't get fixed at 088 until it shows up on a hook..... maybe.... I now have accepted the fact that I have to grind the ::shit:: out of the equipment to get my job done... That's okay... I wrote it up, my job done, my freight delivered. Pretty sad when your tractor runs worse than a sludge covered spare that they pull out of the muck and mire. I could have another tractor assigned to me tomorrow. But I am a hard headed ayehole and will beat my truck into submission.
Yes, I had a Yellow driver ask me two years ago, if any of our trucks had a clutch. :TR10driving03:He openly laughed at me. (and mine worked at the time) All a competitor has to do, is ask a customer, do you want your shipment on that ::shit:: box?

I feel your pain Legshot really I do but this here made me laugh as I thought of you pulling a wheelie with everybody watching. lol good one...:hysterical:

I for one really appreciate what you guys go thru in P&D 'specially in the New England area. I hope you can get some better cooperation towards getting your truck fixed.

:biglaugh: Ya, Estes idiot! :biglaugh: Service is what our people deliver...

GDRGDRGDRGDR..... KA CHUNK!:biglaugh:

We have a system called Speak Up at Fed Ex.. You write in your complaint or suggestion and mail it in...It goes to headquaters and is handled from the top down...... Surprizing how fast things get fixed when it has been brought to the Top Dogs attention......Ya'll don't have a simular system at your place?

We have a system called Speak Up at Fed Ex.. You write in your complaint or suggestion and mail it in...It goes to headquaters and is handled from the top down...... Surprizing how fast things get fixed when it has been brought to the Top Dogs attention......Ya'll don't have a simular system at your place?

I just don't know what it is about this particular shop... OWE EIGHTY EIGHT!!!

088!!!!! NEW HAVEN!!!!!

All my years there, it seems, you get what you get from this shop. And I've had the sharpest of managment in place over the years. They have never been able to win, and belive me, I know they've tried... It's a losing proposition..:nutkick::nutkick::nutkick:

Yeah its called a phone call. Legshot would see how fast people do care if he calls HR. it doesn't have to be a safety issue. this is a people not doing their job issue. legshot has written this up so he does have a good one. make the call legshot. and watch heads roll

HAHAHA!!!!! I worked for fredex, no one ever gave a crap about a drivers suggestion, in fact we were lead by mgmt., through their disdain of our complaints, to not even bother, because we were a bother....maybe times have changed....

Yeah its called a phone call. Legshot would see how fast people do care if he calls HR. it doesn't have to be a safety issue. this is a people not doing their job issue. legshot has written this up so he does have a good one. make the call legshot. and watch heads roll

Sorry BB, No disrespect...
Not a big fan of HR. In my humble opinion, they are just there to point out to middle management who the potential problem employees are.
As far as this shop goes, I gotta wonder why my great management team over the years has not been able to fix this problem. I certainly would not go around them to HR. ::shit:: floats to the top, and it will take a front axle falling out before someone in Richmond finds out.
Until then, I am learning to "KACHUNK" my truck into gear, as to mix the sugar in my coffee better. Not only do the wheels jump off the ground, but I gott'er rocking pretty good too! :clap:

HAHAHA!!!!! I worked for fredex, no one ever gave a crap about a drivers suggestion, in fact we were lead by mgmt., through their disdain of our complaints, to not even bother, because we were a bother....maybe times have changed....

It's FXN thing GT.... Carried over from Watkins. So far it still works.:biglaugh:

It's FXN thing GT.... Carried over from Watkins. So far it still works.:biglaugh:

Ok, I understand that, Watkins was a great company, as was AF, its good that some things carried over, nothing much carried over from AF, if it did, it was gone by the time I left, its good to hear some things remain the same for you guys, I hope it never changes!!