Estes | Bad service

GO40

TB Legend
Credits
Had a inground pool kit delivered by Estes on Thursday that requires someone present, first off it took 8 days from Tennessee to Pennsylvania where the claim it's a 2 day point. Now I tracked the shipment and seen it was at the location so I called to set up an appointment, the clerk said no problem is tomorrow good and i said yes but can you please give me an hours notice, she replied no problem. So it's now Thursday I look at my security camera's at 9:25 and see two 7 foot skids & two 40x48 (2,100 lbs) sitting in front of my house on the street. So I call Estes 20 minutes after the delivery explaining that i have a big garage in the back of my house that it would fit with no problem, (the back of my house is actually a street with no wires & the delivery came on a straight truck) The clerk said sorry nothing we can do I can let you speak with the TM I said sure so she transferred me over to him & it went to voicemail and i left a message & he still did not call me back. I have been doing residential's for 28 years & i always call first to see if they are home or have help getting it off, this driver left a $16,000 shipment sitting on the street & signed the bill "possible damage subject to inspection".... Possible damage? My company would tear me a new one if I wrote that on a bill, that opens you up for a claim. Now I got in touch with the shipper & they were not happy the shipment was left without a signature & not made sure nothing was missing & she immediately emailed me over a lost/damage claim form, just wondering if this is standard procedure with Estes?

No its not the standard. As you know we are running a route so we cannot give a solid delivery window and therefore we call the customer a couple of stops ahead to let the customer know we will be there soon. There are shipments that state "No signature required" but the shipper determines if it requires a signature or not. As for the exception that was written on the DR, that is a vague exception and a failure to follow procedure. You had a very bad experience that is far from the norm. If you dont get any help from the TM then you can go to the website and email customer support. Its probably too late to send the driver back out to move it to the garage but you can atleast let them know what happened.

Had a inground pool kit delivered by Estes on Thursday that requires someone present, first off it took 8 days from Tennessee to Pennsylvania where the claim it's a 2 day point. Now I tracked the shipment and seen it was at the location so I called to set up an appointment, the clerk said no problem is tomorrow good and i said yes but can you please give me an hours notice, she replied no problem. So it's now Thursday I look at my security camera's at 9:25 and see two 7 foot skids & two 40x48 (2,100 lbs) sitting in front of my house on the street. So I call Estes 20 minutes after the delivery explaining that i have a big garage in the back of my house that it would fit with no problem, (the back of my house is actually a street with no wires & the delivery came on a straight truck) The clerk said sorry nothing we can do I can let you speak with the TM I said sure so she transferred me over to him & it went to voicemail and i left a message & he still did not call me back. I have been doing residential's for 28 years & i always call first to see if they are home or have help getting it off, this driver left a $16,000 shipment sitting on the street & signed the bill "possible damage subject to inspection".... Possible damage? My company would tear me a new one if I wrote that on a bill, that opens you up for a claim. Now I got in touch with the shipper & they were not happy the shipment was left without a signature & not made sure nothing was missing & she immediately emailed me over a lost/damage claim form, just wondering if this is standard procedure with Estes?

9018A865-6F61-4EBB-B3FC-13A2AF6D3827.jpg

You think 8 days is bad from Tenn to Penna, since Yellow took the reins from New Penn, it takes 11 days for shipments from Newburg to Scranton & that's only 91 miles

Last edited:
Call the corporate headquarters and ask to speak to the northeast operations regional VP. The regional VPs are pretty responsive. Let him know the TM didn’t return your call.

That’s what I’d do anyway.
Im going through the packing list now & so far I’m missing the vacuum kit & I’m searching for my saltwater filter. Could turn into an expensive mistake. I will give him until Monday & then I might take your advice….

Something like this I would go get myself , too risky as we found out ,that's gonna be one deluxe yard in that regular working class neighborhood

How did he get that on a liftgate? That would be a no go for me.

Fedex loads crap like that all the time on our liftgates. Friday I had to turn a pallet on the end of the trailer sideways and put it on another pallet because it's the only way to get it off the trailer.

Almost 7 feet long, original pallet busted and 700 lbs so it was fix it on the dock or bring it back because it's impossible otherwise with no forklift or dock to unload at the customer.

Last edited: