Estes | Bad service

That particular character is dead and kaput. However I am still ticking along.

The Trucker report site has specifically been finished for about four years now.

As far as some of you not believing the tile incident thats sad. Too much lunch counter me thinks.

Remember stories are generated from things that actually have happened. Then there are stories no one will believe. Which is sad. But thats ok.

With some of the pending medical work I may or may not have much of a future to continue telling stories. One surgery fairly soon is a flat gamble. If I die on the table thats that. Maybe St Peter will hear a few stories at the gates while waiting on the Judgement.

The tile load I referred to happened while employed with Port East Trucking of Baltimore near Seagirt out of their yards there and it went into NE Washington DC downtown to a industrial park that featured mostly offices. Which is why it was memorable that their load of tiles was able to all fit into that small space. This would be back about the winter of 1988 give or take. The 40 foot box was a Hapag from Bremen Germany, Tiles were out of Italy across Europe to that seaport then to Baltimore where i collected it. Weight was not any meaning as we had permits up to 100,000 pounds for Maryland and Virginia.

I was only with that operation long enough to understand just how newbies are exploited in trucking until they either burn out, quit or evolve. I evolved.

Thats one of the reasons for all the nanny regulating crap in today's trucking. The days of three logboos, overweight, all day standing around waiting on a call and all sorts of low wage problems combined with a abusive dispatch across the entire industry back then have not changed in some ways. CDL Life site keeps a running tally of screw ups that still happen now and then.

When you have done everything there is to do in trucking and you find the industry a problem in a number of ways after 40 years or more living with and around truckers you get to where you do not give a damn what other people think of the stories. Thats where I am now.
Well, good to see yer still alive and kickin anyways. Some of us at the other place that liked ya were wonderin

If that pool was picked up, it'll get delivered. They don't leave stuff in trailers very long because they need emptied to be reloaded. They sure as hell wouldn't leave it sitting in the middle of the dock very long. They're rotating days off for city drivers in some terminals. I'm going out on a limb and say the pool company is to blame. The pool company probably put the blame on the manufacturer. The manufacturer probably put the blame on the container haulers. The container haulers probably put the blame on the container ships! The container ships probably put the blame on China. China probably put the blame on the war in Ukraine. Ukraine probably put the blame on Joey

How did he get that on a liftgate? That would be a no go for me.
I think he mentioned that it was an in-ground pool.

I've delivered above ground pools and it took quite some time because I couldn't fit or move .ost of the pallets , so , hand unload.

It's always been a great experience because when a pool gets delivered a happy family is excited to get it. Takes up most of the pup and gobbles up time.

Almost the same with walk-in freezers and refrigerators. They take up an enormous amount of space and time to unload.

I always drive almost all the way to the delivery , find somewhere to park and wait , then call before hand ( a half hour or hour ) Once you get in contact with your consignee , you can relax and wait until the appointment time , then just scoot around the corner 10 minutes early.

That particular character is dead and kaput. However I am still ticking along.

The Trucker report site has specifically been finished for about four years now.

As far as some of you not believing the tile incident thats sad. Too much lunch counter me thinks.

Remember stories are generated from things that actually have happened. Then there are stories no one will believe. Which is sad. But thats ok.

With some of the pending medical work I may or may not have much of a future to continue telling stories. One surgery fairly soon is a flat gamble. If I die on the table thats that. Maybe St Peter will hear a few stories at the gates while waiting on the Judgement.

The tile load I referred to happened while employed with Port East Trucking of Baltimore near Seagirt out of their yards there and it went into NE Washington DC downtown to a industrial park that featured mostly offices. Which is why it was memorable that their load of tiles was able to all fit into that small space. This would be back about the winter of 1988 give or take. The 40 foot box was a Hapag from Bremen Germany, Tiles were out of Italy across Europe to that seaport then to Baltimore where i collected it. Weight was not any meaning as we had permits up to 100,000 pounds for Maryland and Virginia.

I was only with that operation long enough to understand just how newbies are exploited in trucking until they either burn out, quit or evolve. I evolved.

Thats one of the reasons for all the nanny regulating crap in today's trucking. The days of three logboos, overweight, all day standing around waiting on a call and all sorts of low wage problems combined with a abusive dispatch across the entire industry back then have not changed in some ways. CDL Life site keeps a running tally of screw ups that still happen now and then.

When you have done everything there is to do in trucking and you find the industry a problem in a number of ways after 40 years or more living with and around truckers you get to where you do not give a damn what other people think of the stories. Thats where I am now.
St. Peter don't take me cause I can't go, I owe my soul to the company store

Had a inground pool kit delivered by Estes on Thursday that requires someone present, first off it took 8 days from Tennessee to Pennsylvania where the claim it's a 2 day point. Now I tracked the shipment and seen it was at the location so I called to set up an appointment, the clerk said no problem is tomorrow good and i said yes but can you please give me an hours notice, she replied no problem. So it's now Thursday I look at my security camera's at 9:25 and see two 7 foot skids & two 40x48 (2,100 lbs) sitting in front of my house on the street. So I call Estes 20 minutes after the delivery explaining that i have a big garage in the back of my house that it would fit with no problem, (the back of my house is actually a street with no wires & the delivery came on a straight truck) The clerk said sorry nothing we can do I can let you speak with the TM I said sure so she transferred me over to him & it went to voicemail and i left a message & he still did not call me back. I have been doing residential's for 28 years & i always call first to see if they are home or have help getting it off, this driver left a $16,000 shipment sitting on the street & signed the bill "possible damage subject to inspection".... Possible damage? My company would tear me a new one if I wrote that on a bill, that opens you up for a claim. Now I got in touch with the shipper & they were not happy the shipment was left without a signature & not made sure nothing was missing & she immediately emailed me over a lost/damage claim form, just wondering if this is standard procedure with Estes?
Estes is a sh** hole company to work for. They don't care about their employees and dont know how to run a business. Management don't do their jobs and don't give a sh** either. They just keep making the employees hate their job more and more. It's really sad when you try to do a good job at what you do, "go the extra mile", try to do it right and be thorough and try to have pride in your job, then when you have a problem or complaint about something that makes your job harder all because others don't do their jobs, management has the attitude "get over it, nobody cares". So I guess that has something to do with your bad delivery experience.

Wow, now we see why this thread was started in the first place. So union guys can come on Estes board high jack it and leave a mess. No one wants your crap union anymore ,except retards or libtards who don't know what a woman is. FJB and F the Teamsters for backing that clown!!!
It was started because your company failed to follow the shipper & customer requests. There was no mention of the union in any of these posts.

Must suck being so unhappy

Wow, now we see why this thread was started in the first place. So union guys can come on Estes board high jack it and leave a mess. No one wants your crap union anymore ,except retards or libtards who don't know what a woman is. FJB and F the Teamsters for backing that clown!!!
Was not aware that all truck drivers, dock workers, school bus drivers, nurses, cops, DPW workers,etc. are retards, thanks for the info, with all due respect, GO FXCK Yourself !