Estes | Bad service

Had a inground pool kit delivered by Estes on Thursday that requires someone present, first off it took 8 days from Tennessee to Pennsylvania where the claim it's a 2 day point. Now I tracked the shipment and seen it was at the location so I called to set up an appointment, the clerk said no problem is tomorrow good and i said yes but can you please give me an hours notice, she replied no problem. So it's now Thursday I look at my security camera's at 9:25 and see two 7 foot skids & two 40x48 (2,100 lbs) sitting in front of my house on the street. So I call Estes 20 minutes after the delivery explaining that i have a big garage in the back of my house that it would fit with no problem, (the back of my house is actually a street with no wires & the delivery came on a straight truck) The clerk said sorry nothing we can do I can let you speak with the TM I said sure so she transferred me over to him & it went to voicemail and i left a message & he still did not call me back. I have been doing residential's for 28 years & i always call first to see if they are home or have help getting it off, this driver left a $16,000 shipment sitting on the street & signed the bill "possible damage subject to inspection".... Possible damage? My company would tear me a new one if I wrote that on a bill, that opens you up for a claim. Now I got in touch with the shipper & they were not happy the shipment was left without a signature & not made sure nothing was missing & she immediately emailed me over a lost/damage claim form, just wondering if this is standard procedure with Estes?
Did you get the pool done yet? I know a bunch of folks in your neck of the woods waiting to come over, go swimming and use up all of your clean towels.:438:

Did you get the pool done yet? I know a bunch of folks in your neck of the woods waiting to come over, go swimming and use up all of your clean towels.:438:
And I can save you on water cost by bringing Bertha and Puddin’. It will only need a couple of gallons with them two in there to be full. Although there would then be no room for anyone else In the pool. Never mind!!!

Depends on perspective....if I was one of these 23 year old college guys in the office, I would call it efficiency.....you did the job fast and in one trip instead of two....to say it another way you maximized trailer synergies .....
after you reached the ground you then notice the piston on the lift gate is now spewing fluid all over the ground. now it's time to call a vendor for a repair as you sit and wait and wait. didn't save much time for the company.

You union guys are still here on this Estes forum thread. The last and only place were you can show solidarity and strength. It’s good to see you had one good fight left in ya. Jimmy Hoffa would be proud.

You union guys are still here on this Estes forum thread. The last and only place were you can show solidarity and strength. It’s good to see you had one good fight left in ya. Jimmy Hoffa would be proud.
You are a funny guy.....it was you who brought the union into this thread, no one else mentioned it....like victor said we all bleed the same color..... life is too short to worry about who is union and who isn't, especially on a thread that it wasn't mentioned.....that being said, it really isn't any of your concern who posts on this thread or any thread on TB....

Had a inground pool kit delivered by Estes on Thursday that requires someone present, first off it took 8 days from Tennessee to Pennsylvania where the claim it's a 2 day point. Now I tracked the shipment and seen it was at the location so I called to set up an appointment, the clerk said no problem is tomorrow good and i said yes but can you please give me an hours notice, she replied no problem. So it's now Thursday I look at my security camera's at 9:25 and see two 7 foot skids & two 40x48 (2,100 lbs) sitting in front of my house on the street. So I call Estes 20 minutes after the delivery explaining that i have a big garage in the back of my house that it would fit with no problem, (the back of my house is actually a street with no wires & the delivery came on a straight truck) The clerk said sorry nothing we can do I can let you speak with the TM I said sure so she transferred me over to him & it went to voicemail and i left a message & he still did not call me back. I have been doing residential's for 28 years & i always call first to see if they are home or have help getting it off, this driver left a $16,000 shipment sitting on the street & signed the bill "possible damage subject to inspection".... Possible damage? My company would tear me a new one if I wrote that on a bill, that opens you up for a claim. Now I got in touch with the shipper & they were not happy the shipment was left without a signature & not made sure nothing was missing & she immediately emailed me over a lost/damage claim form, just wondering if this is standard procedure with Estes?
Id definitely check the shipment out and if damaged or missing make Estes pay. Ive seen how they cram stuff into trailers and drop stuff on the docks and sometimes i wonder how much they pay out for un careful ways of handling shipments. Not sure i have them ship me anything.