ODFL | Bad timing for a rate increase

Nearly half of my miles every week are pulling empties.
I've once tried to use my employee discount to ship a welder. I've saved $500 using UPS ground

Uh, yeah.
Im afraid that's just simply how economics work.

If EVERYONE is charging more for goods and services, then you (Old Dominion) have to as well.

The question you, and EVERY driver should have issue with, is "If everything has gone up by 25%, and my pay has only gone up by 4%, can I afford to remain in this career?"
I’ve heard McDonald’s is hiring, if someone is looking for a new career.Average McDonald's Crew Member hourly pay in North Carolina is approximately $11.96

On the bright side you under bid ABF on the Johnson Health account, good luck with the over sized exercise equipment….
That’s a perfect scenario for our barn. Oversized freight, residential? No problem! We will send out 4-6 drivers in the bosses truck to handle those deliveries.

Okay. I know that we’ve never used PT out of my old terminal, accept the city used a bunch during the fakedemic. But……. I know that there’s certain people that wouldn’t drive in half a inch of snow.
fakedemic! I LOVE THAT! LOL I kept telling people Covid was nowhere NEAR the Spanish Flu in 1919..and that was all due to the end of WW1 and all the dead bodies that rotted for years in the trenches. But, nope, I didn't know what I was talking about. smh

So you are 97, Ted? Still working?
very close, Bud. But, I'm a history buff and if you actually read a book about the Spanish Flu(A REAL Pandemic), you'll see I'm correct. However, our rate increase is all due to Joke Biden's Inflation Reduction Act. He's raised taxes on Corporations that make OVER 1 Billion. We are one of those. So, of course, in the end, only the consumer suffers. Do you shop Amazon at all? Sure, WE ALL DO...guess what, it's not going be anywhere NEAR as cheap as it is right now. The whole point is, the Government is not screwing the Corporations, the Government is screwing US, the Consumers in the very end of it all.

very close, Bud. But, I'm a history buff and if you actually read a book about the Spanish Flu(A REAL Pandemic), you'll see I'm correct. However, our rate increase is all due to Joke Biden's Inflation Reduction Act. He's raised taxes on Corporations that make OVER 1 Billion. We are one of those. So, of course, in the end, only the consumer suffers. Do you shop Amazon at all? Sure, WE ALL DO...guess what, it's not going be anywhere NEAR as cheap as it is right now. The whole point is, the Government is not screwing the Corporations, the Government is screwing US, the Consumers in the very end of it all.
Just asking, but do you have family in the Scranton PA area?

Is this OD's first rate increase ever?

Uh, yeah.
Im afraid that's just simply how economics work.

If EVERYONE is charging more for goods and services, then you (Old Dominion) have to as well.

The question you, and EVERY driver should have issue with, is "If everything has gone up by 25%, and my pay has only gone up by 4%, can I afford to remain in this career?"
Over $1 billion spent on stock buybacks in 2022 while life expenses are out of control we received a little 4% raise, still working long then needed at 64mph, still sitting around waiting for free and on the side of road for $10

Over $1 billion spent on stock buybacks in 2022 while life expenses are out of control we received a little 4% raise, still working long then needed at 64mph, still sitting around waiting for free and on the side of road for $10
It’s the good life. I never got the $10 bucks for waiting. Wasn’t worth my time filling out the paperwork. Besides I had a direct line to a Service Mechanic and yes I got my rearend chewed more than once, but who cares.