ODFL | Bad timing for a rate increase

Dordcnwy

TB Lurker
Credits

We’re constantly cutting runs and extra board guys are starving from a lack of freight. Not to mention the continued use of purchased transportation hauling what little freight is left. Yet the corporate greed machine in High Point sees it as a good time for another rate increase that is sure to drive tonnage down as we’ve typically seen in the past !?! I’m disappointed at what this company has become!

We’re constantly cutting runs and extra board guys are starving from a lack of freight. Not to mention the continued use of purchased transportation hauling what little freight is left. Yet the corporate greed machine in High Point sees it as a good time for another rate increase that is sure to drive tonnage down as we’ve typically seen in the past !?! I’m disappointed at what this company has become!
High Point? You are close, but it's actually Thomasville. Which is right next to Archdale.

I'm interested to see how many contracts we lose year end. If I were a a shipper I'd take my freight up with the spot market. Historically low rates happening.

Where is OD using PT?

Where is OD using PT?
Yes,,, but it’s bc all the freight backed up from the storms in the Rockies. Can’t get our road warriors to move from Denver so got to get it gone somehow,,, some ppl not looking at the big picture..

Part of you flatland scared of snow terminal drivers are slow bc freight can’t move on closed roads this time of year,,,

Yes,,, but it’s bc all the freight backed up from the storms in the Rockies. Can’t get our road warriors to move from Denver so got to get it gone somehow,,, some ppl not looking at the big picture..

Part of you flatland scared of snow terminal drivers are slow bc freight can’t move on closed roads this time of year,,,
Okay. I know that we’ve never used PT out of my old terminal, accept the city used a bunch during the fakedemic. But……. I know that there’s certain people that wouldn’t drive in half a inch of snow.

Okay. I know that we’ve never used PT out of my old terminal, accept the city used a bunch during the fakedemic. But……. I know that there’s certain people that wouldn’t drive in half a inch of snow.
You and BillyBob will learn when you are older, "real truck drivers don't use chains"
They use telephones and learn the magic words, "MARK ME OFF"

I'd like to see you with 2 45'ers on the Sunshine State Parkway between Orl and Miami in one of our Fla blizzards.

You and BillyBob will learn when you are older, "real truck drivers don't use chains"
They use telephones and learn the magic words, "MARK ME OFF"

I'd like to see you with 2 45'ers on the Sunshine State Parkway between Orl and Miami in one of our Fla blizzards.
Billo calls off when he sees the grass showing through the snow enough to give hope of jumping on the Zero turn.

B01A4EB3-A2F8-42F0-88C9-2AA90507BE6C.md.jpeg

ABF, YRC, Fedex Freight and others also announced rate increases. Any that have not will shrtly when the new year starts. LTL carriers give yearly rate increases without fail-its just buisness.

I know how those road warriors feel BillyLo, one time I had to call off because I couldn't find my sunglasses, in December. :438:

Okay. I know that we’ve never used PT out of my old terminal, accept the city used a bunch during the fakedemic. But……. I know that there’s certain people that wouldn’t drive in half an inch of snow.
makes its way to Boise then broken up and put back on Od trailers to pdx,,

Uh, yeah.
Im afraid that's just simply how economics work.

If EVERYONE is charging more for goods and services, then you (Old Dominion) have to as well.

The question you, and EVERY driver should have issue with, is "If everything has gone up by 25%, and my pay has only gone up by 4%, can I afford to remain in this career?"