Yellow | ballots

Last I had heard from a pretty good source, approximately 37,000 ballots were mailed out.
Estimates were that 25,000 were active employees, and 12,000 were laid-off employees.
I assume we'll hear more tonight from the "observers" at the count as to how many ballots
were returned. Then tomorrow we'll get the vote results!

Last edited by a moderator:
39000 mailed and 24000 returned , till me it is not so. dose this mean 15000 dont care .

IF that is true, given how many ballots were sent to retirees and people that resigned at the merge and had the morales to not vote at a company they no longer work for, that is a good turnout.

If retirees and people who are no longer employed by yrcw did get ballots, They would be rejected in the sorting process if they return them anyway. Laidoff employees who may have moved and not changed their mailing address with the union would also have ballots sent to the wrong address. And some people just don't vote. I don't think you can look at the amount of ballots returned vs the amount sent out and get accurate feeling on what that means for the outcome.

I'm retired and my ballot was counted(NO VOTE)because I put $5 cash in the envelope too.

Last edited by a moderator:
If retirees and people who are no longer employed by yrcw did get ballots, They would be rejected in the sorting process if they return them anyway. Laidoff employees who may have moved and not changed their mailing address with the union would also have ballots sent to the wrong address. And some people just don't vote. I don't think you can look at the amount of ballots returned vs the amount sent out and get accurate feeling on what that means for the outcome.
HEY! Keepingon, why do you have Obama showing up on your post? Are you two close pals?

As of 7:38 est the official numbers from a source in DC are as follows:

39,000 ballots mailed out to YRCW employees both active/laid off

24,000 ballots returned

3000 requests for 2nd ballot

150 requests for 3rd ballot

Counting ballots until 8pm and then stopping until tomorrow morning

official results should be available by early Sat. afternoon

as of 7:38 tallies were too close to count....

The only way the international could affect the vote is by intentionally not mailing laid off workers thier ballot.Everybody knows how they will vote.once the votes are mailed its legit. We dont live in IRAN.