FedEx Freight | Be all you can be

imported_CUJO

TB Lurker
Credits
I have spent some time reading many of the commentson this forum. Some are crying, some are lying, and some are testifying.
As far as FXN is concerned the Watkins family for whatever reason decided to sell off WML. Most of us-especially those who were around before Service 2000 recall the good ol' days-remember hanging out at Long Beach. We had fun back then.
But all good things must come to an end-and so it is with the Flying W.
Now, I have read some postings that suggested that FXN people who don't believe or don't care should get with the program or leave. Anyone with that line of thought should realize FEDEX came to us because we had capabilities it did not. And we were good at what we did. Now FEDEX can be all it can be.
Giterdone you do sound like a suit.:smilie_132: :smilie_132: :smilie_132:

Amen to that! I guess Chip and Buz and the gang just got tired of the headache just to make an 8% return on their investment. I heard they are expanding their shrimp and food processing business.

Amen to that! I guess Chip and Buz and the gang just got tired of the headache just to make an 8% return on their investment. I heard they are expanding their shrimp and food processing business.

I worked twelve years at Watkins and trust me there Ltl trucking operation made them some very good money. It's just hard to believe that the grandson's sold out all those longtime employees like that.

good stuff -- FedEx Freight Canada officers and ops are here at Custom Critical this week to start streamlining all processes. Expedited Freight into canada, seamless border crossing, integrated brokerage ... all good things to come that FedEx couldn't do without the purchase. 8 ... 8 new terminals this year alone in Canada - thats DOUBLE what is there now ... good stuff.

Rob

Is it just my imagination or has FEDEX been putting most of their energy into getting Canada up and running? Most WML people I talk to agree that is what they really wanted.

Is it just my imagination or has FEDEX been putting most of their energy into getting Canada up and running? Most WML people I talk to agree that is what they really wanted.

Let me ask you a question CUJO,

The LTL industry in general is slow... Do you think that if FEDEX never bought Watkins they would be busy and everybody would be working 70 hours a week?

The guys who are quick to judge Fedex act as if they were magically transformed back into WML they would be busting at the seams in freight

There is no doubt that Canada was a big part of the aquisition and they will benefit more than all the rest of us in this deal for the simple fact that all the freight currently going to Day and Ross will be switched to them, so yes, they are putting more into Canada at this point, they have to in order to get them ready to handle the additional freight levels.

You could probably transfer up there if you think it will be a sweeter deal. Me I'll stay here, we will all be doing better as this train starts to roll, then just hang on for the ride..........

FM

Let me ask you a question CUJO,

The LTL industry in general is slow... Do you think that if FEDEX never bought Watkins they would be busy and everybody would be working 70 hours a week?

The guys who are quick to judge Fedex act as if they were magically transformed back into WML they would be busting at the seams in freight

Jeff, you may ask a question of me. But first I would like to point out that the way you phrased your request indicated an adversarial and condicinding attitude-placing my screen name at the end of the sentence.
To answer your question- no, personally I believe we are in a slow down that could last another 12-18 mo.s. It could be worse however if the Democrats screw up the economy just to serve their politcal needs.
As for your last comment I am unaware of anyone who subscribes to any such thoughts of fantasy.

There is no doubt that Canada was a big part of the aquisition and they will benefit more than all the rest of us in this deal for the simple fact that all the freight currently going to Day and Ross will be switched to them, so yes, they are putting more into Canada at this point, they have to in order to get them ready to handle the additional freight levels.

You could probably transfer up there if you think it will be a sweeter deal. Me I'll stay here, we will all be doing better as this train starts to roll, then just hang on for the ride..........

FM

Why in God's name would anyone want to transfer to Canada? I've hauled frieght up there. You have to take your own ketsup and hotsauce.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Jeff, you may ask a question of me. But first I would like to point out that the way you phrased your request indicated an adversarial and condicinding attitude-placing my screen name at the end of the sentence.
To answer your question- no, personally I believe we are in a slow down that could last another 12-18 mo.s. It could be worse however if the Democrats screw up the economy just to serve their politcal needs.
As for your last comment I am unaware of anyone who subscribes to any such thoughts of fantasy.

Ok... just checking:biglaugh:

No problem-Oh yea- GO VA. TECH:tongue0015:

Yea they done real good last nite :chairshot:

You still better be glad there wasn't 1 more min in that game, the HEELS was tearing it up up there in the last 5 mins....

Yea they done real good last nite :chairshot:

You still better be glad there wasn't 1 more min in that game, the HEELS was tearing it up up there in the last 5 mins....

The problem in the ACC is too many good teams. I'm not really a VA.TECH fan. Just a ACC - anyone but FL.STATE -fan. The local FOX news morning co-host is a VT grad and she is having a good time tormenting UNC and DOOK fans.
I do have a question you may be able to answer.
What have you heard regarding FXN and FXF personell swapping divisions? My concerns are whether or not your longivety and / or seniority would go with you. I've got 11 years with WML/FXN and would not want to give up what I've built up. However, if I did not have to give up anything Greensboro is about 100 mi. closer than Charlotte.

You can bet it will be the same as the rest, you would have to quit FXN and start as a new hire at FXF.

Even transferring within the division you go to the bottom so changing divisions you know is out.

FM

You can bet it will be the same as the rest, you would have to quit FXN and start as a new hire at FXF.

Even transferring within the division you go to the bottom so changing divisions you know is out.

FM

That's pretty much what I've heard. Well, at least I got my Neon back from my daughter. $35 buck to drive my p/u to the yard and back was rough.:duh: :duh: :duh:

$$$$

the $780,000,000 in cash probably helped in making it an easier decision:1036316054:

"Bubba Gump Shrimp is what they got." "They got 12 Jenny's, they even got Hats":hysterical: