ABF | be prepared

jlb

TB Lurker
Credits
in a time when there is no rational thinking ,/ be ready ,,,,... you have till april 1 to prepare ,. it seems to me the time has come,. i ve heard all the older generation teamsters say it ,,,, never thought i see it. but here it is before are very eyes..

Ex-driver,you may be right.we have had our head's buried in the sand for a long time,i hope it is not to late.
A teamster forever

You seem to think you know alot about ABF and the Teamsters Union. Who did you work for? I see your name is ex driver. Are you in or out of the transportation industry? Or maybe you're just here to start sh--!!!

the nmfa is dead as jimmy hoffa. you guys have to wake up if you want to collect your pension.

Do you have a pension to worry about? What would you like the ABF members to do? Are you a disgruntled ex union driver? or are you here to start sh--!!! Inquiring minds would like to know.

Just for the record, I think the ABF members know how to protect their interests in these negotiations. Once you give something back, you will never get it back.

to answer the questions, i am an ex teamster dr out of the industry after 20 yrs. been there for glory days and knew that this was inevitable. i am just stating the facts that most do not want to open their eyes to. if you fight back, you are dead. try to maintain as much as you could and you will survive. brother yellow will take your food off your table as you sit waiting to try and get better wages and benefits. ups will also pick at your bones. its every man for themselves these days. in the past we all went out or we all worked. they divided the work force knowing you can not fight back and win. they will shut down abf and move work to their other non-union owned companies and build upon that while you will lose everything you work for and then some. please think clearly on these matters as ups and yellow contracts are still intact for some time. the guys who says shuter down will cosrt everyone their jobs. there are no winners here only survivors.

to answer the questions, i am an ex teamster dr out of the industry after 20 yrs. been there for glory days and knew that this was inevitable. i am just stating the facts that most do not want to open their eyes to. if you fight back, you are dead. try to maintain as much as you could and you will survive. brother yellow will take your food off your table as you sit waiting to try and get better wages and benefits. ups will also pick at your bones. its every man for themselves these days. in the past we all went out or we all worked. they divided the work force knowing you can not fight back and win. they will shut down abf and move work to their other non-union owned companies and build upon that while you will lose everything you work for and then some. please think clearly on these matters as ups and yellow contracts are still intact for some time. the guys who says shuter down will cosrt everyone their jobs. there are no winners here only survivors.
Hind sight is 20/20. But may I caution all my Brothers on this site to look at ones join and post numbers when reading their negative post. We will do what we have to for the betterment of our families. There are ways to move forward other than taking from them and we will find those and that is what we will pass in our up coming contract. YOUR LOOKING AT THE NUMBERS BROTHER ALWAYS!

And after 20 years as a Teamster...you are just now coming here with this warning...imagine that...join date...Jan.2013...kind of fishy to me!

i know you think i am management but you are dead wrong. i was like just like you guys at one time. i was there and walked the line in 1994. only to watch companies like ccx and coles estes and rl carriers move on our business. after the work came back we seen more and more non unoins growing. now that there is hardly anyone left standing, you can not think like the you did in the past. i am not trying to be negative here but more realistic. all i could say is i hope iam wrong but the facts are facts and 1 + 1 doesn't = 3

i know you think i am management but you are dead wrong. i was like just like you guys at one time. i was there and walked the line in 1994. only to watch companies like ccx and coles estes and rl carriers move on our business. after the work came back we seen more and more non unoins growing. now that there is hardly anyone left standing, you can not think like the you did in the past. i am not trying to be negative here but more realistic. all i could say is i hope iam wrong but the facts are facts and 1 + 1 doesn't = 3

No...you couldn't of been like me at one time...not by the way you are acting now...no one could ever change that much!

You seem to think you know alot about ABF and the Teamsters Union. Who did you work for? I see your name is ex driver. Are you in or out of the transportation industry? Or maybe you're just here to start sh--!!!

I will ask again, who did you work for? Are you still in the transportation industry, ex driver?

Docker it kind of smells likes JTP.

I don't think so truxforever...this person is trying to disguise their writing to how he or she thinks us dumb truckers write and reply...which is how all management view us.

so that you know i was a twenty year teamster with red star and have left the industry and now work for myself where i can truly take control of what i want to earn and my hard work goes directly in my own pockets. i am only here to now because i see how bad the industry has had an effect on hard workers like yourselves. i am only offering up some reality so you can see clearly. do not just rely on the union or management. it s just business to them. both of them will have a livlihood after you are out of a job. be smart and think for the good of only abf guys. yrc and ups freightand not on your side because there nothing they can do to help you. do you think they will strike if you decide too. hell no they wil be out of jobs then. its not that i have changed that much it that these negotiations have and you guys are the first to feel the change . i have learned much in these past 8 years. just be aware of the truth.

so that you know i was a twenty year teamster with red star and have left the industry and now work for myself where i can truly take control of what i want to earn and my hard work goes directly in my own pockets. i am only here to now because i see how bad the industry has had an effect on hard workers like yourselves. i am only offering up some reality so you can see clearly. do not just rely on the union or management. it s just business to them. both of them will have a livlihood after you are out of a job. be smart and think for the good of only abf guys. yrc and ups freightand not on your side because there nothing they can do to help you. do you think they will strike if you decide too. hell no they wil be out of jobs then. its not that i have changed that much it that these negotiations have and you guys are the first to feel the change . i have learned much in these past 8 years. just be aware of the truth.

And how many years did you say you had as a Teamster? Beginning in what year?

i began driving in the union in 1984 and came to work one day with no warning in 2004 that i was out of a job because of some 8 women working in pa. so tell the 2000 guys that we did not get the shaft.