ABF | be prepared

ok so what is plan b. say it comes to a strike. where do you go. work for the concessions at yrc, the no pension of ups freight, go non-union. i know that i would have a hard time facing my family saying that i lost my livlihood fighting for some wet back that works for jb hunt
While I don't disagree with a lot of what you say here I question your motives and I am not too quick to believe your claim of your current employment at two truck operator. You have to have some kind of skin in the game to be here with your rhetoric.

All I can say is all out concessions will not fly here! If it comes to a strike ABF is dead, the top brass is to smart for that. They will never let it get that far.

ok i will tell that what i do. i bought my own tow truck 7 years ago and work for myself. very flexible schedule and might i say profitable. as far as my good will i am just telling you the other side of the coin. it is all one sided here and there could be dire consequences to your very imporatant decisions. also my grammer is not that bad. just because i was a truck driver doesn't make me an idiot.
Ok, if you are a tow truck driver as you now say why then do you post on the R&L forum and complain that you are not working enough? Sounds a little fishy to me?

ok so what is plan b. say it comes to a strike. where do you go. work for the concessions at yrc, the no pension of ups freight, go non-union. i know that i would have a hard time facing my family saying that i lost my livlihood fighting for some wet back that works for jb hunt
Maybe canaryinthemine can buy a tow truck. You say it's a very profitable buisness.

Atlanta dominated the first quarter, is that the Eagles out there dressed in white and gold?

After New Penn voted no we were told there would be another vote and if it was no again the doors would be shut and absorbed into yellow. We were called into the office in small groups of 5 and told this

you are right that they are asking for much. this is just the staring point. the company will throw all these extra things in so that they seem to be backing off, but you all know what abf wants, and that is economic relief. some sort of pay cut and some work rules that yellow has like part timers. and why the concern for yellow, they didnt care that their contract would be the one you are negotiating against. and that is where you will start. like i said save as much as you can. there are no winners only survivors.

The concern for the YRC guys goes with the UNION CARD in my back pocket, that's why.

After New Penn voted no we were told there would be another vote and if it was no again the doors would be shut and absorbed into yellow. We were called into the office in small groups of 5 and told this
That sounds like an unfair labor practice to me and I'll bet the union didn't file.

That sounds like an unfair labor practice to me and I'll bet the union didn't file.

Hell abfer Tyson Johnson held meetings all over the usf systems at the locals and said the very same thing that's how he scared all the old members with time in the pension into voting yes, so yes it would be safe to say the union didn't file anything.

I am lost for words...sort of. They didn't want to lose that dues money did they?

Here's a thought for you ex-driver, why don't you take your negativity and bulls@#t someone else I have been with ABF for 25 yrs. and we have always been the red headed step child of the industry. One reason the IBT dosen't care for us is over the years ABF didn't bow down to them and while others struggled to survive we did so and we continued to make money and are continung to do so even with a NO vote. As far as your posts I find them quite amusing I can't believe someone who dosen't work in the craft would want to waste their time and come on Our Forum and constantly post negaitive post. It almost sounds like some of the other Trolls that visit this site and paint gloom and doom but talk out both sides of their mouths and say we wish you the best, a real brother wether past or present would always have their Brothers and Siters best intrest at heart wether they are still in the craft or not. We will do just fine without your Post ex-driver we will vote with our hearts and vote for what we feel will be in the best interest for Us and Our future at ABF. I have been through 3 votes and in case you haven't noticed WE are still here so with that being said I wish you continued sucess in your future as an O/O. I will take a Qote form My Real Brother (Muler) your brother always.

Here's a thought for you ex-driver, why don't you take your negativity and bulls@#t someone else I have been with ABF for 25 yrs. and we have always been the red headed step child of the industry. One reason the IBT dosen't care for us is over the years ABF didn't bow down to them and while others struggled to survive we did so and we continued to make money and are continung to do so even with a NO vote. As far as your posts I find them quite amusing I can't believe someone who dosen't work in the craft would want to waste their time and come on Our Forum and constantly post negaitive post. It almost sounds like some of the other Trolls that visit this site and paint gloom and doom but talk out both sides of their mouths and say we wish you the best, a real brother wether past or present would always have their Brothers and Siters best intrest at heart wether they are still in the craft or not. We will do just fine without your Post ex-driver we will vote with our hearts and vote for what we feel will be in the best interest for Us and Our future at ABF. I have been through 3 votes and in case you haven't noticed WE are still here so with that being said I wish you continued sucess in your future as an O/O. I will take a Qote form My Real Brother (Muler) your brother always.

Well said my friend, his post are pointless, especially since he is here just to be negative.

I work on the dock at yrc freight in cinci. We took 10 and 5 percent cuts. Freight is busy here. I do not know what to think about future pay raises.Our contract is extended till 4-2015.The company has us right wear they want us. Not to mention,only 25 percent pension contributions.Lots of senior dockman are working 7 days a week. I guess they think this is the only way to build there pension. This will happen to abf people if you let the company cut your pay etc. Good luck in negotiations.

I work on the dock at yrc freight in cinci. We took 10 and 5 percent cuts. Freight is busy here. I do not know what to think about future pay raises.Our contract is extended till 4-2015.The company has us right wear they want us. Not to mention,only 25 percent pension contributions.Lots of senior dockman are working 7 days a week. I guess they think this is the only way to build there pension. This will happen to abf people if you let the company cut your pay etc. Good luck in negotiations.

Thanks, Brother. I would imagine if ABF comes through with an honest contract, that will make things easier for you guys at YRC, and for the Brothers at UPS Freight. But I think if we accept a concession-laden contract....and especially less money.......In my opinion, I think at that point, you guys will see a fourth MOU with further cuts before 2015......I hope not, but as a business bargaining point....and I mean the cut-throat, back-stabbing, business this has become in managements' eyes.......I can see them re-opening your MOU's.....all in the name of "competitiveness".

Thanks jacks and, as always, I agree with canaryinthemine.