Yellow | be serious, be realistic and keep your job

billyjack

TB Lurker
Credits
you won't find another one right now, this is clear. Or maybe do you want to go working seasonal and part time as driver helpers or package handlers at ups. No more to add, really.

Yea Right! Man Up... I am not so broke that I need my paycheck next month, I am voting NO I suggest you and the rest of the YES men consult a Bankruptcy attorney.

Obviously the Teamsters are not excited about the concessions. After listening to the experts I have to change my vote from a no to a yes. There is still no guarantee that the company will even survive even after the concessions. I will be taking a leave of absence soon afterwards. This will by us time to look for another job. Unfortunately, this job is no longer a career. It's a sad day for YRCW employees.

Yea Right! Man Up... I am not so broke that I need my paycheck next month, I am voting NO I suggest you and the rest of the YES men consult a Bankruptcy attorney.
you talk all the crap yet you will be the first in line to try to get your unemployment check

you won't find another one right now, this is clear. Or maybe do you want to go working seasonal and part time as driver helpers or package handlers at ups. No more to add, really.

Not if you spend all your time in front of the TV drinking beer anyway.

Obviously the Teamsters are not excited about the concessions. After listening to the experts I have to change my vote from a no to a yes. There is still no guarantee that the company will even survive even after the concessions. I will be taking a leave of absence soon afterwards. This will by us time to look for another job. Unfortunately, this job is no longer a career. It's a sad day for YRCW employees.
Your responce to billyjack's original post makes me think that some amount of reason has begun to prevail. The opinion you offer is reasonable and thoughtful. Thank you. And thank you billyjack.

YRC's actions and stance shows a irresponsible way of handling my previous givebacks, and I choose to no longer fund their mismanagement.

Is this eloquent enough for you YES men?

YRC's actions and stance shows a irresponsible way of handling my previous givebacks, and I choose to no longer fund their mismanagement.

in a world of high finance YRC came back from losing $2B to yukking out a small profit.

you really don't believe this final concession as far as the work rules was not always in the cards do you? The buyouts were planned to put this where it is today. Did Zollars score a home run or what? Like what have they got to lose? They were going broke anyway.

You make a very eloquent statement of your opinion. However at a time when even the mighty FedEx is consolidating operations, closing redundant terminals, and laying off employees; for me "I don't like the way YRC operates" simply does not justify tossing another 25,000 men and women out of work. This is a job, the fact that upper level management has little if not no respect for us REALLY is irrelevent. I did not come to Roadway 23 years ago because I was looking for the admiration of managers. The overwhelming attitude among those demanding that everyone vote no seems to me to disregard the reality of the economic situation in America. Those who post factual financial information understand that this is the wrong fight and whether you agree or not ALL of the leadership of the union agree also. If they did not there would be no proposal at this time. Vote how you feel but be aware of the consequences.

If you don't know what your talking about then don't talk. You nor I have any idea as to what is actually happening within this company. Because if you and I knew I think we both would be very shocked as to how we are making it thus far.So before you go an judge someone for doing what they do you have to walk awhile in their shoes. Because what you and I think they're doing may not be as obvious as we think. And as far as the givebacks are concerned that was how we got paid every week.

How do you know so much? you're really in the wrong profession. You should be sitting on the board of directors. I can't believe so many people on this thing are so tuff with their words. You can be as tuff as you want when it envolves just you. But to have your family and the family of others suffer because of what you think is not acceptable. So before you go and throw away the child with the bath water. Stop and think if their using us shame on them but if their telling the truth and we go out of business. Who is the fool here. Pride comes before the fall.

Yes, by all means vote yaz. Help drive down the industry standards, than take a loa to make less money because of your yes vote.

I don't think he wants to work. He'd rather collect and let his wife pay the bills and provide the insurance...He'll show them!!!.....

Last edited by a moderator:
If it shuts down it will be YRCs decision. You give yourself more credit than your votes worth.

Wrong! 1 vote to break a tie is all it takes. Might be yours or mine but 1 to make a majority is all it takes. Now if what you mean is they are bluffing that's anybody guess. The person who pointed out the risk YRC is taking with its customers by saying that is dead one.

Wrong! 1 vote to break a tie is all it takes. Might be yours or mine but 1 to make a majority is all it takes. Now if what you mean is they are bluffing that's anybody guess. The person who pointed out the risk YRC is taking with its customers by saying that is dead one.
No I really was'nt implying anything, outside of we will not decide the fate of YRC.

I would put the chance of a " NO" vote at about zero percent. No one is going to vote themselves out of job. Sure there will be some "yea hoos" that vote no but the chance of a no vote majority is absolutely nill. Eventually a few carriers in the LTL sector will go out of business. The fundamental problem is there is not enough business for everyone to survive. It's only a matter of time.