ABF | Before you vote, know this.

[quote author=arkansawman33 link=topic=79282.msg825414#msg825414 date=1272495353]
IF, this concession passes ( I am voting NO) (IBT, seems to have sold us out) what will be the rate of pay for vacation earned in 2009 & sick days (2010-UNUSED ) ?

THANKS
[/quote]

IF you take a vacation anytime AFTER and I repeat AFTER the 15% wage reduction takes affect you will get 15% less ! That's the way they did it at YRC .

[quote author=arkansawman33 link=topic=79282.msg825419#msg825419 date=1272497755]
R-14, THANKS. That is exactly what I thought would happen.15% LESS.
[/quote]

They also said on the call last night that all future raises will only be at 85%

[quote author=truckchick1 link=topic=79282.msg825428#msg825428 date=1272500908]
[quote author=arkansawman33 link=topic=79282.msg825419#msg825419 date=1272497755]
R-14, THANKS. That is exactly what I thought would happen.15% LESS.
[/quote]

They also said on the call last night that all future raises will only be at 85%
[/quote]

Your right the simple way to say it is all monies earned no matter what will be 15% less !

You missed my Point Hoffa. Re read the post to see what I am asking. I Take it when you get your ballot you will be voting No. As I hope all of us do!

Returning Ballots- What percentage of Ballots mailed out, need to be received/ votes casted (55%- I think) to stop the IBT (Executive Board) from approving these concessions?

Our laid-off men ( I know that they are upset, with the layoff) but we need them to VOTE and return the ballot. I have talked to 5 laid off guys and they are upset with the higher seniority guys SUCKING up all of the overtime & I was informed that they were thinking about not returning the ballot or even voting YES. They think that a concession, will get them put back on full time.

[quote author=arkansawman33 link=topic=79282.msg825695#msg825695 date=1272585126]
Returning Ballots- What percentage of Ballots mailed out, need to be received/ votes casted (55%- I think) to stop the IBT (Executive Board) from approving these concessions?

Our laid-off men ( I know that they are upset, with the layoff) but we need them to VOTE and return the ballot. I have talked to 5 laid off guys and they are upset with the higher seniority guys SUCKING up all of the overtime & I was informed that they were thinking about not returning the ballot or even voting YES. They think that a concession, will get them put back on full time.
[/quote]

Tell them that all a concession will do is screw the laid off even more, ask any YRC laid off man. The full time man will work all the overtime that he can get while the laid off man will get even less because even the workers that usually don't work the overtime will get it any chance that they can get to make up for the pay cut.And,trust me, ABF will give it to them. They will try their damnest to keep the laid off man to 2 days a week so they won't have to pay their pension and health and welfare.Look at the numbers,big money saved on this!

[quote author=arkansawman33 link=topic=79282.msg825695#msg825695 date=1272585126]

[/quote]

That is funny that I just saw this post. Several people who have been on lay off for a while have said that maybe the rest of you need to feel like what it is like to not be able to take care of your families. Several have been on lay off for almost 2 years. Just thought I would throw this out there.

[quote author=truckchick1 link=topic=79282.msg825904#msg825904 date=1272665994]

[/quote]

That is funny that I just saw this post. Several people who have been on lay off for a while have said that maybe the rest of you need to feel like what it is like to not be able to take care of your families. Several have been on lay off for almost 2 years. Just thought I would throw this out there.
[/quote]I was laid off for basically 2 years when we merged with carolina. I had men in my barn exceeding the legal hour limit plus working weekends while I stayed home & my benny's dried up !! so I know what that's like & it made me mad but it couldn't make me wavier !! I did what I had to do & when recalled came back !! Now that I have the seniority I help those guys at the bottom because I remember ..but that doesn't change what the right thing to do is.........you vote yes to get even with some fellow teamsters your voting no to your future because they won't bring you back ( yrc still laying off people)the snap back clause prevents you from being called back. stand up & do the right thing for your family & your future vote no & when it's your time at the top help the bottom guy & educated them on your experience getting thru the tough times!!

[quote author=arkansawman33 link=topic=79282.msg825414#msg825414 date=1272495353]
IF, this concession passes ( I am voting NO) (IBT, seems to have sold us out) what will be the rate of pay for vacation earned in 2009 & sick days (2010-UNUSED ) ?

THANKS
[/quote]

Thats why I am using all of my last years vacations up.....before we vote.