Central Transport | being too cheap cost more money

simple723

TB Lurker
Credits
This past week has taught me once again that being too cheap cost money than what is saved. Vitran would not bypass the automatic 3-5 minute shutoff, which caused most of the trucks to not start in the morning, even though they were plugged in. Because of this stupidity, drivers were sent home, not because of lack of work but lack of running equipment. On top of that they probably spent thousands of dollars trying to restart euipment which still is broke down, just to try and save a few hundred dollars on idling trucks all night. Then to make matters worst the fuel pumps' hoses or filters or what ever froze up to the point were as they wouldn't pump fuel and all the tms or mechanics could do is look at it and stare as if it is not a fixable problem. I am starting to believe that I am a GENUIS and my superiors are cattle waiting to be slaughtered. In 1 second of not even thinking they answer to the problem is just simple (simple723) do away with the automatic shutoff(simple), keep the tanks full, replace all fuel filter on the fuel pumps and the trucks, take the hose and nozzle off the fuel pump and sit them in a warm room. I guess that is why we are drivers(GENIUS), if I was to become management i would look at my collegues (excuse the spelling errors if any been out of truck driving school a long time) and request double their salary and 25% of shares in the company. I guess that is why they better not hire any drivers for those corporate positions. just my 1 second thinking process, all most blew a fuse, feel free to call me a "cry baby" or put your own 1 seconds into it, SIMPLE723 OVER & OUT

Oh almost forgot can somebody please get somebody to clean up the bathrooms chicago markham toledo southbend bloomington st loius indy ft wayne and where ever else it look and smell like someone died while trying to fight off the pay cuts and 401k match and pay raise freeze.

Vitran cheap! Say it ain't so!
Got so many trucks needing repair, and yet they cut and cap the hours the mechanics can work. Companies that cut on Maintenance are stupid and destined for trouble. Hard to compete when your Sh@& doesn't work! DOT doesn't take a vacation...

simple hate to say it but ur right, tol had jell ups and 18 trks not starting pjax lets us run about 3 min, and the toilets at these terminals are disgraceful. Tol used to be half way clean buy now people cant hit a toilet and quit writing on the walls do you do this crap at home people

their cheap because they hire crappy reps from the National Account level to the Local level that do not know how to sell value. But then again its hard to sell value when there isnt any value to sell.