ABF | Bend Over Boys Here it Comes. And This is Not Your Doctor Speaking.

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5115

Ready or not here it comes tomorrow morning bright and early so get ready. First check under the shiny new contract complete with our 7% pay cut. If you get up early you can log on and see either your direct deposit in your bank account or your pay stub at abfatwork.com. Enjoy and of course, be thankful you have a job, right? :bananag:

Ready or not here it comes tomorrow morning bright and early so get ready. First check under the shiny new contract complete with our 7% pay cut. If you get up early you can log on and see either your direct deposit in your bank account or your pay stub at abfatwork.com. Enjoy and of course, be thankful you have a job, right? :bananag:

I got mine stub after work only because I have direct deposit, the seven percent came to $122.31 taken off of the check.Your regular wages are now paid at the seven percent less rate of $22.719 times your hours. Overtime now is $34.079 times your OT hours. If you get a regular check you can"t get it until Friday afternoon what a joke.

the clip art clown returns....get ready to grab your ankles Joe, you may be back in a truck before you know it....
Great catch there, GO40. As you would say, "his end is near".

So....was it as bad as you thought?

About 4-5 cents a mile for us road drivers.. about 98.00 less for me... I hate it, will stomach it as it will increase over the term.. Its the vacation that we lost, we will never ever see it back again, we will never regain that over the term like our wages.. That was given away by our own IBT's suggestion, so don't blame the company, it fell in their lap... We are all one and united supposedly? NOT,, but us road drivers work six days per week, most run weekends and a weeks vacation hurts more than the average man. That vacation giveaway is worth millions upon millions!!

when all is said and done. The majority has spoken. You gave away everything. And you have the nerve to look surprised? I'm glad I retired. Good bye.

So....was it as bad as you thought?

I got mine stub after work only because I have direct deposit, the seven percent came to $122.31 taken off of the check.Your regular wages are now paid at the seven percent less rate of $22.719 times your hours. Overtime now is $34.079 times your OT hours. If you get a regular check you can"t get it until Friday afternoon what a joke.
At least, if not worse. His loss comes to about $500/month and that is a big chunk to come out of a monthly budget. I can think of a lot of ways life could be enhanced with that kind of addition to my income let alone what is going to have to be sacrificed to cover it. As for me I am lucky. I had a couple of things that either changed or are going to change for me that I thought were going to put me over the top with my lifestyle but now I will just have to remain where I was and continue to tread water. For others it will not be so easy. Sure there are others who have it worse. i e those YRC folks who lost more than we did, but if you add in the vacation we come pretty close to their 15% cut. And I do count that vacation as a loss. I would even count it as a bigger loss because I'm not over my head in money, I am getting older and I do see many things I would like to do while I can and before I go.
I am not opposed to giving the company some relief but they did not need all they got and the language is even worse.

I feel your pain guys. I'm under the YRC reign and it ain't looking to get better any time soon. I'm sure after seeing ABF third quarter phenomenal earnings report it stings even more. I'm not being a smartass , just saying we all know now we've been lied to and it sucks.

Dam, so glad I'm not in the Union. The LTL Giant, company that I work for, has never, ever taken anything from us. As a matter of fact, since I got hired, I've got a raise every year. Boy I think we should go union, so I can give back my hard earned money to the corporate big shots. And I really don't need that vacation, so I'll just give it up to our leaders at ABF to enjoy their vacations out on their yacht, with your money. What a bunch of D--m A**!! Go Union!!! NOT.

Don't be greedy and keep all your loot to yourself. Tell us about your pot of gold. Tell us where to find it. I'm always on the quest for better things for myself and that would include a job.

Dam, so glad I'm not in the Union. The LTL Giant, company that I work for, has never, ever taken anything from us. As a matter of fact, since I got hired, I've got a raise every year. Boy I think we should go union, so I can give back my hard earned money to the corporate big shots. And I really don't need that vacation, so I'll just give it up to our leaders at ABF to enjoy their vacations out on their yacht, with your money. What a bunch of D--m A**!! Go Union!!! NOT.

Grow up man. Do a little research about how you enjoy your pay and security at the "LTL GIANT". Believe me when I tell you this, IT'S NOT BECAUSE THEY LIKE YOU.