Best Paying Companies

Graveyard Pete

TB Lurker
Credits
Hi, drivers. I'm currently laid off and looking for the best paying regional driving jobs. Not to hung up on home time, as long as I'm back every week. Any input is helpful and thanks in advance.

Hi, drivers. I'm currently laid off and looking for the best paying regional driving jobs. Not to hung up on home time, as long as I'm back every week. Any input is helpful and thanks in advance.
What state, or metro area are you near?

Central Transport.
15k sign on since nobody wants to drive for them.

Best cos are not hiring. Slow year and slow season/time of year.
Worst cos are hiring as drivers bail due to low hours/pay.

Difficult to determine what are the best paying companies to work for these days.
$5 per mile on 1000 miles weekly is worse than 25 cents on 5000 miles weekly.

Holland
Ups feeder driver
Most food service outfits, like us foods,
Saia
NFI
Walmart even isn’t bad. Good money for 5 days out. Their insurance is cheap cost wise, but high deductible and out of pocket

I looked at Walmart years ago They wanted a haz-mat endorsement but you never see placards on their trailers
Not a good employer if you have questions / issues with spending more at the DMV then you have to
Reimbursed or not

Holland
Ups feeder driver
Most food service outfits, like us foods,
Saia
NFI
Walmart even isn’t bad. Good money for 5 days out. Their insurance is cheap cost wise, but high deductible and out of pocket

He's lucky. Columbus is full of jobs. If he ain't working. He don't wanna.

I looked at Walmart years ago They wanted a haz-mat endorsement but you never see placards on their trailers
Not a good employer if you have questions / issues with spending more at the DMV then you have to
Reimbursed or not
They don’t placard a lot, but they do on some store loads like pool chemicals(oxidizer), or backhauls, camp stove fuel, flammable. Know quite a few of their drivers.

Reimbursed or not
I became the Safety Check Driver for Professional Transport Group, Lawrenceville, GA. when the SC Driver went to Wal-Mart as their Safety Check in La Grange. Left because Managers were Political. My Local Store cannot keep a Manager longer than a few months. Work Regional Hourly, most Per Diem or Piece Rate are Slip Sheet.

If I was to go back on the road my choice would be Wal-mart. We had a driver quit about 3yrs ago and the last time he stop in he said he loved it. Bumping docks and cranking legs. No ******* shipper and receivers mostly drop and hook.

If I was to go back on the road my choice would be Wal-mart. We had a driver quit about 3yrs ago and the last time he stop in he said he loved it. Bumping docks and cranking legs. No :censored: shipper and receivers mostly drop and hook.
Sealed Box. Only Fingerprinting is on Grocery, and It's nothing but Sticks and Straps. Agreed, but at 73, little over insurance limits, even as an RVer adding more Saddle Time.