SEFL | Best Truck

Which truck have you driven that made you think, "if I have to stay in trucking, this is THE only thing I want to drive"?

Back in the day when I ran OTR for five years I had a Volvo 770. It had the drivers lounge package where the bottom bunk converted to a table and chairs which was a plus.

I had a refrigerator, TV and VCR, Nintendo, microwave, etc. It was a great riding and driving truck. The 13 speed tranny mounted to the N14 Cummins ran strong too.

As far as Local trucks go, I'd have to say Volvo too. They're the most comfortable, and their maneuverability is a big plus too.

Even though SEFL said they won't be buying anymore of them, the Freightliner Cascadia's are actually smoother riding than the Volvo's. If they'd just let the Detroit 400 work without their interference and castration of those motors, it'd be a good truck.

Even though SEFL said they won't be buying anymore of them, the Freightliner Cascadia's are actually smoother riding than the Volvo's. If they'd just let the Detroit 400 work without their interference and castration of those motors, it'd be a good truck.
& H

I see you two have never driven a real truck.
Overland Transportation ran a 46 Chevrolet with a 270 cu in GMC gas engine, 3 spd Brown & lipe aux.
Full air brakes, (not air over hyd.) Budd wheels also had R&H.
Hauled freight between Charl and Akron Oh.
And you thought you had big horses!

Back in the day when I ran OTR for five years I had a Volvo 770. It had the drivers lounge package where the bottom bunk converted to a table and chairs which was a plus.

I had a refrigerator, TV and VCR, Nintendo, microwave, etc. It was a great riding and driving truck. The 13 speed tranny mounted to the N14 Cummins ran strong too.

As far as Local trucks go, I'd have to say Volvo too. They're the most comfortable, and their maneuverability is a big plus too.
That's sounds like a party rig! Did it have a special mt dew dispenser for when yr buddy Dave runs team with you? really sounds like a posh ride. I've only been in a day cab

& H

I see you two have never driven a real truck.
Overland Transportation ran a 46 Chevrolet with a 270 cu in GMC gas engine, 3 spd Brown & lipe aux.
Full air brakes, (not air over hyd.) Budd wheels also had R&H.
Hauled freight between Charl and Akron Oh.
And you thought you had big horses!
I'm not even sure what a "lipe" is lol. Sounds like a rough ride though

That's sounds like a party rig! Did it have a special mt dew dispenser for when yr buddy Dave runs team with you? really sounds like a posh ride. I've only been in a day cab

The company that built the aux. transmission was Brown & Lipe, they were called "3spd. Brownies"
The big LJ Macks, Autocars ran them behind a 5 spd main box, aux. had underdrive, direct. and overdrive
This Chevy had a 4 spd made by New Proccess
It was a day cab with long bench seat, Dave curled up while I drove.
We did not have air shields in those days, we put Dave's hat on top and gained 2.5 MPG
Had to do away with his Dew dispenser, that ikey stuff kept fouling spark plugs.

You must remember, Dave's a cost cutter, radio only had AM.

The trucking Bozo and Art Bell entertained me many a days. I still stay tuned to the am dial riding around listening to talk radio now. Dave couldn't hang with me in the road days. My fridge only had sweet tea or Sun Drop.