Estes | Best/Worst Terminal

jasonthedragon

FORMER Pumpkin
Credits
What is the worst terminal you've been to? Best terminal? And why? Worst yard, worst experience. Best people, etc.

Biggest dump: Brooklyn. Cramped yard, terrible lot, terrible area.

Best: TBD. The northeast isn't pretty.

The Denver terminal is super nice.

My least favorite from my extraboard days was Albany NY. The yard was ok but everyone there was a complete a-hole.

Best 5 - Detroit, Denver, Nashville, Wilmington, and the new Grand Rapids.

Honorable Mention - Dallas, Houston, Pittsburgh, Markham, Toledo

Worst 5 - South Bend, Marshall, Altoona, North Bergen, Amarillo

Dishonorable Mention - Flint, North Chicago, Chicopee, Williamsport, Milwaukee

Top 5 . Denver, Albuquerque, Tampa, Charlotte and West Middlesex. These are for yard space. Worst 5 are Orlando, Oklahoma City, Savannah, Chicago and Hammond. Give props to Markham terminal for the room also.

Best 5 - Detroit, Denver, Nashville, Wilmington, and the new Grand Rapids.

Honorable Mention - Dallas, Houston, Pittsburgh, Markham, Toledo

Worst 5 - South Bend, Marshall, Altoona, North Bergen, Amarillo

Dishonorable Mention - Flint, North Chicago, Chicopee, Williamsport, Milwaukee
First time I went to Altoona I thought I was screwed going down that narrow road. I North Bergen isn't too bad. They've got an awesome hotel though.

First time I went to Altoona I thought I was screwed going down that narrow road. I North Bergen isn't too bad. They've got an awesome hotel though.
North Bergen wasn't that bad when I went in there...on a Saturday afternoon.....I could actually turn my 'set' around.....however the gay Puerto Rican security guard had me rolling with his phone call cussing someone out! I was laughing so hard at his 'accent' and numerous things....even he was lost...but man was he MAD at someone! I gotta say, so far Owensboro just flat out SUCKS! You can BARELY fit a set of doubles in....much less a 53! Now Orlando isn't much different.....BUT at least you can go OUT one way and turn back in(orlando) none of that in Owensboro.

North Bergen wasn't that bad when I went in there...on a Saturday afternoon.....I could actually turn my 'set' around.....however the gay Puerto Rican security guard had me rolling with his phone call cussing someone out! I was laughing so hard at his 'accent' and numerous things....even he was lost...but man was he MAD at someone! I gotta say, so far Owensboro just flat out SUCKS! You can BARELY fit a set of doubles in....much less a 53! Now Orlando isn't much different.....BUT at least you can go OUT one way and turn back in(orlando) none of that in Owensboro.

I used to run an Owensboro turn every night. 626 miles and 102 stop lights round trip. I'd have to break my set and put them in the door and hook my outbound set with the same dolly because they never had any. Every night I'd pray nobody was already there trying to hook their set because there wasn't room for more than one tractor on the back side.

Glad I got off that run.

I used to run an Owensboro turn every night. 626 miles and 102 stop lights round trip. I'd have to break my set and put them in the door and hook my outbound set with the same dolly because they never had any. Every night I'd pray nobody was already there trying to hook their set because there wasn't room for more than one tractor on the back side.

Glad I got off that run.
102 stoplights? lol NO for me! Like being stuck in traffic, a newbie would hafta learn QUICK on how to 'float them gears' with all those lights!

Knoxville is running for one of the worst! Although, I reckon getting better because the yard jockey pulls a water tank to keep the dust down! But the moon craters in the yard will jar some teeth loose! Raleigh ranks up there even with the improvements! Maybe they need a water tank? Or blacktop?

The best? Just when you think a terminal is worthy something or someone happens. Nashville is good...until you get hung up on from linehaul dispatch. Columbus is ok until you're waiting over a year for a phone call. I'd comment on terminals in Florida but thought maybe they were closed. Seems to me the smaller the terminal the more courteous and respectful they are.

Why they waste money on that yard is beyond me, I would be looking for a better facilities.

Lol. They JUST moved there. Right before they opened they paid to have a concrete strip poured in front of the dock for the trailer landing gear. It was poured in the wrong place though.

worst has to be is 027 the manifest clerk becky seems to think she is the best but she doesnt realize shes can be replaced has the most filfthy mouth i have ever heard except for 055 if your at 027 you might as well call yoursef in as shes useless as she seems to think shes gods gift to men to the city drivers

worst has to be is 027 the manifest clerk becky seems to think she is the best but she doesnt realize shes can be replaced has the most filfthy mouth i have ever heard except for 055 if your at 027 you might as well call yoursef in as shes useless as she seems to think shes gods gift to men to the city drivers

You just have to love when you call in and she says they're concentrating on the scheduled drivers now. Call in couple hours. Without even looking to see if your lined up. Evidently our time doesn't matter to her.