Central Transport | Better then ever.

Mr Perfect 01

TB Lurker
Credits
Just want to thank the company for everything they have done for us drivers. We are very grateful for everything that has been done. Thank you.

You haven’t had a random lately have you....
No I have not, but that would not change anything. They have made huge leaps and bounds over the past couple years. To make things even better our insurance is changing again for 2019 to include a co-pay instead of deductable. As well as drivers were just issued another 2 dollar per hour increase.

Man you can feed that to someone else. I worked there for several years...Was the Director of Special Projects of an entire region....I know much more about that company, and ownership, than you will ever know. They’re crap bro- Give zero cares about anyone....The only reason they’re finally giving moves is because there is a national driver shortage. Everyone is paying more. Copays for 2019? Welcome to 2005 at every other company. They aren’t going anywhere. Their electric fork lifts and all will always be the tail of the line in the industry. And honestly, ownership couldn’t care less. The bridge is his money maker....CT is nothing more than a tax write off....

Man you can feed that to someone else. I worked there for several years...Was the Director of Special Projects of an entire region....I know much more about that company, and ownership, than you will ever know. They’re crap bro- Give zero cares about anyone....The only reason they’re finally giving moves is because there is a national driver shortage. Everyone is paying more. Copays for 2019? Welcome to 2005 at every other company. They aren’t going anywhere. Their electric fork lifts and all will always be the tail of the line in the industry. And honestly, ownership couldn’t care less. The bridge is his money maker....CT is nothing more than a tax write off....
So what caused you to leave? Typically don't see individuals leaving the company that hold those director titles.

I agree with you 100% on the insurance. The insurance is sub par to say the least but hey at least it's a step in the right direction. Regardless what these other guys on here think, I have worked for several other carriers both union and non and I have always left on good terms typically for more money. I personally don't mind putting in the extra hours if it means bringing home more at the end if the week. What I found at the others was around 40 hours per week. Overtime at 40 never seemed to play a big part in my week's ending paycheck because the drivers were only seeing a couple hours of it. Hell they will allow you to Max out every week here if you want to. I have been here since 2011and never would have imagined that city drivers would be making close to 30 dollars per hour but it's happening. Matthew does seem to care about things that effect the drivers more then his father did regardless of the reasons. The drivers/managers are better off now then in the years past.

Mr Perfect how is CT benefits and vacation? Do they have a 401k match as of yet? I live in NC and if they really pay 28 an hour I might have to try it out just because they are so close. All the ltl companies are basically the same anyway just different color trucks.

Mr Perfect how is CT benefits and vacation? Do they have a 401k match as of yet? I live in NC and if they really pay 28 an hour I might have to try it out just because they are so close. All the ltl companies are basically the same anyway just different color trucks.
Medical/dental/vision, coverages depend on what plan you choose, they just changed the insurance to include a office co_pay to eliminate some of the out of pocket deductable expenses. 401k is the same for now with a 25% company match up to an annual 600.00.

What's Road pay equal out to over there? It's bout .54 cpm here in ATL. Im not gonna lie, this company was extremely :shit:ty when I first started but it has gotten ALOT better the past few months because of the new raise and equipment. Shop in ATL hired more mechanics and they've been fixing up the trailers pretty good(plus a decent amount of brand new trailers). I haven't been to the shop in 3 weeks compared to being in the shop everyday when I first started. I was barely grossing 1000/wk when I first started but I'm at 1300/week working 9/10hours (road on a fixed run). Most new guys are grossing bout same as me. Road drivers get $25/hr for dock work and top out at $27 or $27.50. But they don't let road drivers touch the dock at my terminal. Pay is still lower than most other LTL carriers around us but definitely not a bad place to work at now depending on the terminal. I'm starting to like it here.. two problem I have is I wanna make more money and these slow ass trucks. We only have around 9 5/600 mile runs that includes the 68mph trucks and those folks don't look like they're leaving anytime soon. Every other run is around 450/mi round trip and pay just about the same.

What's Road pay equal out to over there? It's bout .54 cpm here in ATL. Im not gonna lie, this company was extremely :shit:ty when I first started but it has gotten ALOT better the past few months because of the new raise and equipment. Shop in ATL hired more mechanics and they've been fixing up the trailers pretty good(plus a decent amount of brand new trailers). I haven't been to the shop in 3 weeks compared to being in the shop everyday when I first started. I was barely grossing 1000/wk when I first started but I'm at 1300/week working 9/10hours (road on a fixed run). Most new guys are grossing bout same as me. Road drivers get $25/hr for dock work and top out at $27 or $27.50. But they don't let road drivers touch the dock at my terminal. Pay is still lower than most other LTL carriers around us but definitely not a bad place to work at now depending on the terminal. I'm starting to like it here.. two problem I have is I wanna make more money and these slow ass trucks. We only have around 9 5/600 mile runs that includes the 68mph trucks and those folks don't look like they're leaving anytime soon. Every other run is around 450/mi round trip and pay just about the same.
A few 600 and a bunch of 450 is every company

Jump ship to get a good run. You are only swapping paint driver.

Theres an opening in san antonio for the road. So is the road by the miles or a fixed pay. what runs come out of San Antonio and do you work the dock when you go to dallas or houston on a run out of san antonio?

Yeah that's about the average pay depending on the run. The shorter runs more dock time drivers are grossing in between 1300-1600 per week. The longer run drivers are in between 1500-2200 per week. Hourly rates are all pretty close give or take a buck. Most are starting around 24 per hour with a top out between 27-30 per hour. Definitely not the same company as 3-5 years ago. I enjoy working for Central as well

Jump ship to get a good run. You are only swapping paint driver.
That may be true but we all know you have to some time in before being given the top runs. One thing I really like about Central is they do not run a bid board, if you bust your ass they will award you with the better runs regardless of your start date. That is one of the reasons I disliked the union shops, the deadbeats were all protected by the contact and the senior drivers always got the best runs regardless of their performance and attitude.