Central Transport | Better then ever.

Mr Perfect thx for sharing about CT.

Sometimes I cant tell if you're driver or human resources recruiter!
Maybe your next promotion once you get tired of driving!
Why would you think I was a recruiter? The fact I don't agree with these guys on here that have not worked for Central since the Vitran buy out does not mean I'm a recruiter. The funny thing is very rarely do you actually have a current Central employee on here bashing the company. Only ex Vitran drivers and drivers that have never worked here. I have always been treated well and made the money I needed to make to support my family. I have also worked for other LTL company's and know the grass is never as green as they claim.

Why would you think I was a recruiter? The fact I don't agree with these guys on here that have not worked for Central since the Vitran buy out does not mean I'm a recruiter. The funny thing is very rarely do you actually have a current Central employee on here bashing the company. Only ex Vitran drivers and drivers that have never worked here. I have always been treated well and made the money I needed to make to support my family. I have also worked for other LTL company's and know the grass is never as green as they claim.
Yup
Even the union cos gotta work dock, slipseat, and deal with old equipment issues.

Better then it was, outside vendors are being used to service trucks and trailers. Company still has some shops but closed several and started utilizing outside vendors
Well they should have hired a vendor to clean the snow off your trailer roofs, seen two trailers yesterday with 10 inches of snow on them. Pennsylvania is starting to crack down on that, as they should. It's the drivers who will be fined for pulling it....

Well they should have hired a vendor to clean the snow off your trailer roofs, seen two trailers yesterday with 10 inches of snow on them. Pennsylvania is starting to crack down on that, as they should. It's the drivers who will be fined for pulling it....
Besides getting in my car and going back home what can i do about the snow on trailer roof

If i refuse i will be sitting in the drivers room for 10 hours and if it was not at my home terminal they would act like you dont exist thats what happens at a non
That’s sad, in my area we had a piece of ice come of a trailer & killed a woman the driver was never found.

That’s sad, in my area we had a piece of ice come of a trailer & killed a woman the driver was never found.
We ALL drive our personal vehicles to get to work ( and our loved ones are driving around tractor trailers as well )

I hope every carrier takes this seriously. Seems easy enough to place a framework with a scrapper/brush at the exit to save a life. Also helps the driver: have you ever had to stop hard and have ALL of the ice and crap up top come down on your cab? Not good.

We ALL drive our personal vehicles to get to work ( and our loved ones are driving around tractor trailers as well )

I hope every carrier takes this seriously. Seems easy enough to place a framework with a scrapper/brush at the exit to save a life. Also helps the driver: have you ever had to stop hard and have ALL of the ice and crap up top come down on your cab? Not good.
I mite start marking of sick on snowstorms running on pins and needles at 40 mph to get to a terminal that is shutdown for weather is nerve racking and company was deceitful to run me there

I couldn’t agree more, you can spend a lot of years in prison for manslaughter....

I couldn’t agree more, you can spend a lot of years in prison for manslaughter....
There needs to be a law that says while engaged in doing work for an employer and sober an employee can not be sentenced to prison time max penalty should be a ban from the work

Maybe it’s time for a new employer? Or if he fires you get a lawyer, and i doubt would happen again. No need risking your life or the public’s life because your dispatcher said you have to....
What amazes me is how many drivers are afraid to drive in the snow living in the midwest? You should not be a truck driver if you are a fair weather driver! The world doesn't stop because of a snow storm.