SEFL | BEWARE OF THE SLUG!!!!!!!!! You are giving him life

The Bible tells us that we should be the best, hard workin', give it all we've got employee at sefl. I have to remind myself of this almost daily but nevertheless we all should be thanking the good Lord above that we all still have a job whether we are finger printing the load or counting the pallets as they unload it off your trailer.

Ah, I do see big pic, Rotation must be working or maybe there would be 4 hour days.

rotation must be working :biglaugh: you must work in the office. maybe office help should be on rotation.

Yall just wait till next month in Daytona, when all the tm's and sales rep's are down there blowing that company money at the race, while you are setting at home broke.

guys and girls...........lighten up some.............laugh a little...things will get better.....mr cassels has other things to do iam sure.....forget about the slug best i can tell we all bustin butt at my barn.................

rotation must be working :biglaugh: You must work in the office. Maybe office help should be on rotation.

Yall just wait till next month in daytona, when all the tm's and sales rep's are down there blowing that company money at the race, while you are setting at home broke.

hey at least we aren't spending 6 to 8 million for a car sponsorship

rotation must be working :biglaugh: you must work in the office. maybe office help should be on rotation.

Yall just wait till next month in Daytona, when all the tm's and sales rep's are down there blowing that company money at the race, while you are setting at home broke.

:loser: No sir, I run linehaul from the connfederate capitol of the southern states. Not broke either, and I don't have the priveledge to be home every day. Not complaining, just setting the record straight. Wouldn't have it any other way. See I had my fill of what problems you have so I made sacrifices and made a change. You have choices in life, gripe or change situation. Be happy in your job, or be misorable. Positive or negative.

I dont know what to say...

If I was a manager and the commpany was in the situation were are in.....every "slug" as you put it would be on the gravy runs. SEFL doesnt need a pro sitting in a break room.

My studs...I'd tell them the company that pays their house payment and buys their food needs them now more than ever and that "we've benched the less productive people with HD and 1 billers and we need the 1st string on the field and that is you."

It's no the time to reward the old men...its is time to ask them to strap on one more time to get the company they help build on stable ground.

this is no lie COL is retraining drivers who have been here 6 months, and they still cant do p&d with freight as slow as it it, it makes no sense. they are having these guys ride with other drivers. but the thing is, these guys are getting the easy routes they might not go no further than 20-40 miles from the term, and it takes them all day long to get 8-10 stops off. while another man leaves out an hour later and turns 150 miles that day and has double the work.
i dont want an easier route, i dont want lesser work. i just feel that a man who can't pull his weight needs to go, and give the rest of us those hours.

this is no lie COL is retraining drivers who have been here 6 months, and they still cant do p&d with freight as slow as it it, it makes no sense. i hate to see a man loose his job but, if you cant make it now, you need to go. i know thats harsh but thats how it is in life.
Slugs are made,not born. I guess you boys don't have a probation period,nor do they send the new meat out with a vet or a driver trainer to showem how its done.If your TM isn't gonna crack stones for unexcused bringbacks it will never end. Here's one for ya, driver A brings back a house del,wrote it up on bringback slip as "unable to locate" next day it goes on another driver, driver A was heard giving him turn by turn directions to house!! WTF driver B is pissed and talks to the super about it and BINGO it got thrown on driver A's trl to be del, so when your busting your hump and your co-worker is under the shade tree tell him how you feel about,tell your buddies,word has a way of getting back to the right people and your not a snitch. jmo

If I was a manager and the commpany was in the situation were are in.....every "slug" as you put it would be on the gravy runs. SEFL doesnt need a pro sitting in a break room.

My studs...I'd tell them the company that pays their house payment and buys their food needs them now more than ever and that "we've benched the less productive people with HD and 1 billers and we need the 1st string on the field and that is you."

It's no the time to reward the old men...its is time to ask them to strap on one more time to get the company they help build on stable ground.

So I ask you this: after you benched all the dead weight and gave them gravy runs for their lazy and ignorant work habits, what incentives and rewards did you allocate to the 1st stringers who you depended on to, not only have to fulfill their work quota, but have to finish the work of the slugs who you benched???? The slugs, and the 1st stringer performers, are paid the same. So, as a 1st stringer, what's their incentive for doing the extra work load? Morale is not one of them!!! Your 1st stringer goes out and drops 17 deliveries, 5 pickups in 11 hours without a real lunch, and your slugs go out with 3 different home depots, sops up 11 hours with a lunch, and stress free tour of duty, at the same pay rate!! So I ask you, why do your best, when you can rest while you work and receive the same pay rate entitlements???????? Why is this even tolerated and in some cases ,encouraged????? Just curious?

Maybe mikejones is not seeing the big picture after all. Everyday I pray that I can make God proud of the job I am about to do. Everything that happens to us, God plans so to make us stronger and instead of complaining (to yourself) be thankful for all that he gives you. When you stop at the service station to get crackers look at that fellow sitting there homeless, hungry and without anything, give him your crackers and coke and thank God for giving you so much. Don't go to work each day thinking you are doing it for the man, you should dedicate each day to God and trust in him and everything else will fall into place. I hope you find peace brother.

well put...

So I ask you this: after you benched all the dead weight and gave them gravy runs for their lazy and ignorant work habits, what incentives and rewards did you allocate to the 1st stringers who you depended on to, not only have to fulfill their work quota, but have to finish the work of the slugs who you benched???? The slugs, and the 1st stringer performers, are paid the same. So, as a 1st stringer, what's their incentive for doing the extra work load? Morale is not one of them!!! Your 1st stringer goes out and drops 17 deliveries, 5 pickups in 11 hours without a real lunch, and your slugs go out with 3 different home depots, sops up 11 hours with a lunch, and stress free tour of duty, at the same pay rate!! So I ask you, why do your best, when you can rest while you work and receive the same pay rate entitlements???????? Why is this even tolerated and in some cases ,encouraged????? Just curious?

Fine...4 quarter, down by 3...put in the 3rd string. That make sense. Dont know why I couldn't see the sense in that. I must be tired. I mistakenly thought the life of our company was on the line and wanted the best of the best in positions to make a difference. Now that I read your post, I'm all in favor of the weakest carrying the load. The returns will actually create more jobs. Excellent plan, thanks for sharing.

Fine...4 quarter, down by 3...put in the 3rd string. That make sense. Dont know why I couldn't see the sense in that. I must be tired. I mistakenly thought the life of our company was on the line and wanted the best of the best in positions to make a difference. Now that I read your post, I'm all in favor of the weakest carrying the load. The returns will actually create more jobs. Excellent plan, thanks for sharing.

You seem to be circumventing the issue at hand, my question I asked you, has nothing to do with sports, and sport hail mary scenarios! So I will ask you again, in a workplace(leave sports out of your answer) how are you rewarding the employee's who go out and busts their balz all day and the employee who drags their feet and does only bulk drops and pickups. Your previous reply's was to pay them the same!!!!! Now, please bear with me, because I know you are all about football when answering questions regarding your rebuttals, so I will ask you again, this time in terminology you are well versed in: Football!!!! Hang on here....You are a owner of a team, ( I know, please just bear with me ) and your recruiters have signed on 2 kick return players to play for you this season. After the first 5 (five ) games both kick return players have shown their potential and worth per game. The 1st one named Excelatory Whatastory # 17, is just that. A fast footed employee, trying to find a clear route to victory at any cost to his professional status that it takes to succeed. Taking every opponent confrontational act as a personal confrontation on him, EW. for short, is a real tool and performer!! Now, the 2nd kick return player is named Dragonmyfeet Stittingnmyseat, # -67 he is 1/4 Korean and 3/4 Ecuadorian pygmy Indian twice removed. He plays in a reserve stance:do what is only necessary, in order to keep my position and in no way do anything that will keep me from growing into a real employee!!!! His motto: why do my best when the rest do the most-i get the same check as them!!!! Now, as a owner, who do you want to pay for their actions Excelotory or Dragonmyfeet? Remember it is an open ended contract that they signed based on performance(= #'s) Dragonmyfeet should be hitting the beat, Excelatory should be reaping the glory!!!!!!!

you got a driver A who has been with the company 20-25 ys and is in his 60's, over here you got driver B been here 6 months and is in his early 30's. You send driver A out with 16 deliveries who is covering 2 routes and prob will have 8-10 pickups for the day. Driver B leaves out with home depot, then he does switch outs for the rest of the day and you see him taking his lunch at the golden corral. So I ask all you die hard sefl employees who should be doing what. BUT Wait I already know your answer. But go and ask that 60 yr old driver and I guarantee he will say its Bullsh**.

I am glad you are not a terminal manager because your subordinates would do nothing to improve their output because you would provide no incentive to excel. You would pay them for attendance, not performance. Morale is your biggest problem in a terminal like the one you would run, just clock in and you are good to go. You reek of union experience where all employee's are paid to attend, not produce #'s for the good of the whole,what a great environment you would provide. So I would venture to say that your biggest # producer under your leadership would wake up each morning that much more eager to provide you with more output than the day before: for the same pay and stress free workday that you provide for the weak link that you give the same pay for just for clocking in. I would think that if that producer was human , their morale would suffer under your grand scheme. Instead of repairing and or replacing the leaking plank of the ship, you rely on the surrounding planks to strengthen up to carry the rotting plank, all with the same amount of nails. Great thinking there!!!

the players want to play and the ones putting out obviously know whats going on yet they still put out everyday.this scenario is in every company in every profession in every country in the world it will never change .players want to play .sell out everytime ,sacrifice their bodies and egos for the betterment of their organization.if all the subpar were released im telling you 70 percent of any company would be out on the street.only a very small percent of employees are the true producers.im sure they get exasperated but they are smart enought to know the deal.and if the do pull up stakes they have no trouble proving themselves elsewhere.they are the ones that every leader,silently or not ,thinks damn im glad hes on our side.the slugs are filler -seat warmers they serve a purpose.even if its hard to see what that is at times .yes sir the world is full of slugs .but the studs dont mind ,why should they they LIKE being studs.