Estes | Bidding in November 2010

laidback2

TB Lurker
Credits
Gentlemen,I do believe we will be bidding this month...as per alot of drivers from Indy 093 and Atl 041...We should start seeing what the runs we will be bidding on later this month posted starting sometime this week.As all of us know ,each terminal has its own rules and the days these runs will be posted will be different...I hope everyone gets what they want and what they need for there familys....As far as a start date on the new bids ,I am hearing the first week of jan 2011 as a start date.......This info is what is being told to me and there is nothing in stone,LOL we have over 200 terminals and 200 sets of rules .....Laidback...

We have been swaping empties on our bids. I guess as long as the motel bill is down it's okay. lol

Mildew, you know what comes next after too many empty or light trailers on meet+ turn runs?
Yea, runs cut, then extraboard, then sitting at home, then pissed off drivers, then layoffs.
I think that sums it up unless I forgot something

gonna be a interesting bid this year, with the volumes on the trailers down now already, wouldn't the tendency be, to cut some runs ??? Then in the spring when things pick back up, total chaos, by adding runs, then rebidding and bumping process begins. Could be a turbulant couple of months for some, good luck to all, in that at least we all have some form of run, to keep providing for our families.

dont forget the new hours of service change and the on board recorder issue, they might waite till there applied before they figure out what runs to keep and ones to give up

Rebids being posted December 6th noon ending December 14th at noon takes affect Jan. 3rd 2011
That is both good news and bad news depending on how many runs get cut and where you fall on the linehaul list. Priciate the info