Estes | Bidding Question

rlgg23

TB Lurker
Credits
I just started, I am a extra board driver. If there is a new bid posted and no one else wants it, can I bid on it? Even though I don't have my 90 days in on my current extra board slot? Do they have to give it to me before they would hire someone off of the street to fill the position?

Ya you can, they hire guys right off the street these days to fill the hub runs that nobody wants these days...If no one wants it its yours...

I just started, I am a extra board driver. If there is a new bid posted and no one else wants it, can I bid on it? Even though I don't have my 90 days in on my current extra board slot? Do they have to give it to me before they would hire someone off of the street to fill the position?

If I'm not mistaken the 90 day rule applies... If you have been on extraboard longer than 90 days you should be able to.. But talk to your TM and make sure,, Or call M.Blythe in linehaul in Richmond....

Looks to me they are doing away with Utility, on website Combo driver falls under the City class, so what the hell does your Utility time go towards City or Linehaul, Hub,,, so messed up.. but my Utility time was back when they first started it, so I got nothing for mine..And a Hub run means you may work a dock, there are plenty of Hub runs where you never touch a dock..its just there way of getting by cheaper without payin the driver what he is worth..