Yellow | Biden awards billions for LTL trucker pensions

Because Yellow employees are the only ones in central state that got screwed, Bail out orphans then put an age cap on Yellow workers.
No I didn’t vote for it.
Yellow won’t survive I can guarantee that!

Mismanaging a pension and having to get bailed out by the taxpayers isn't a good selling point to grow membership.
What’s more important than that, for vested members, is that membership keeps voting for a pension reduction. Contract coming up soon. Lots of year wasted of pension contributions, due to lack of looking ahead. Central States got their first shot of money. 36 billion, I believe, today. Got 20+ years, and 40+ years old? You’d be a fool to vote for anything that keeps your contribution years at 1/4…

So whose pension is full now? No one at Yellow? Certain ages? How long do you have to be employed at Yellow to be vested?

Everyone at Yellow in central states will get a greatly reduced amount compared to other Teamster funds.
No need to start a career at Yellow unless in your 50’s then you can get a few hundred dollars a month for a few years.
Anyone young with less than 10 to 15 years is just donating 25% to a pension fund they’ll never see a penny of.

Mismanaging a pension and having to get bailed out by the taxpayers isn't a good selling point to grow membership.
How many times do these pensions have to be paid for?
Prior to the merger these pensions were paid in full.
The pensions were mismanaged but the union and now once again the taxpayer must bail them out
Non union carrier must get an equal amount of taxpayer $$$$$
Or end this madness...