FedEx Freight | Big Brother IS Watching (always?)

Richard Cranium

TB Legend
Credits
So about those dash cams...
Some of us think the windshield camera turns off when the key is turned off.
Some of us have been told it’s active for thirty minutes after the key has been turned of.
RC & Co heard today that the camera stayed on in one person’s truck for over thirty minutes.
Also, some tractors have had batteries go dead over the weekend with nothing turned on.
So the question is, are all the cameras on all the time?

Not sure if there is a 30 minute limit on them but yes they are indeed on when the truck is off. I saw an investigation once of a situation in which something happened and it was all recorded while the truck was off.
No clue how long the key had been turned off on that video?

They are on ALL THE TIME.
They do see the spot mirrors, and provide a very clear shot down both sides.
If you're using your cell phone at night, or even on a very overcast day, the reflection WILL show against the windshield.

The above is 100% true.

If you open either door on tractor it blocks the spot mirror and if you run with both visors down it reduces visibility of reflection on those over cast days.

I'm not seeing cameras changing behavior as much as I expected. Example: cameras all over the yard, and a relative few bother to even raise the hood to check fluids, pretrip, etc. :nono h4h:
I have not seen any of our road drivers raise hoods when they start.
City guys paid hourly... most probably don't lift hood just like they will run on empty DEF.