Estes | Big change

Estespage1.jpg

The "bid once a year" is coming to the other Estes Terminals.

Man who's idea is this, a novel idea I must say. Doing away with the Green Board, all those guys that love runnin over a weekend and sendin them boys home or out on the road take your pic, alot of on call basis sit home a couple nights a week, put it this way if you don't have a run you are screwed.
Seen the letter yet from JT? Alls I seen was schedule drivers workin Mon thru Fri, that means anyone else is just extra, come on out and pull this run on a sat we need you today and after your done maybe we will see you next week.
Heard they wanted to get away from that big Hotel bill, so look forward to shacken up in those full bunkrooms and waitin 20 hours for a dispatch.
Wonder if they will get away from holding a load for a couple pallets of freight for 4 or 5 hours just to make a trailer full and then when they do finally get it dispatched you run like hell only to be late with it to the next terminal and they are late with it out on the street and the next thing you know the customer says screw you guys.
You know things are not good when they start makin changes.

Extra Board?

The change has arrived... Effective 11/21/08 All bid runs will be re-posted and re-bidded on shortly. There will be no weekend work. All single drivers will work Mon.-Fri. (East & west) Weekend are going to be for team drivers only. Estes doesn't know how to lay-off drivers. Therefore the folks that don't have a scheduled run are fix'n to starve to death in the up comming months :hide: This is the info. I have recieved from another driver over the phone. May be a rumor....

This must mean me since i am extra board and don't have a "scheduled run".

After reading both memo's I came to the conclusion that the "on time" thing means nothing to them. It says the schedule runs must be near 100% or the driver doesn't move No more 1/2 loaded trailers. They dont care how long we wait. I wonder if we still need to arrive in a timely matter? I think with the coffee company losing about 90% of its profits and H.D. struggling....More change is about to happen. :hide:

so,if say ,you just decided to go extra board from P&D because your hours are adding up to about nothing,this person would be screwed.

this is the tip of the iceberg kids. Stop worrying over something you have no control over. Enjoy each day and relax. Be happy you do not get your checks from YRC!

Another change that's been in effect for a little while now. Is that breakbulks are closed for at least 24 hours over the weekends. We've heard this is only until March or until freight picks back up. Who knows when and if that will happen. There's already Layoff talk being thrown around. I'm just hoping they have the decency to wait to lay anyone off until after Christmas.

The news is that they are going to re- bid all scheduled runs and run monday - friday.

So if they do this that means I could possibly take a scheduled run because I chose to stay extra board and passed on a couple runs I could have took.
I got more time on the road then a few of the guys that have schedule runs.
But hey when it was busy I was gettin the miles, now I'm sittin at home and those guys are runnin on schedule.

So if they do this that means I could possibly take a scheduled run because I chose to stay extra board and passed on a couple runs I could have took.
I got more time on the road then a few of the guys that have schedule runs.
But hey when it was busy I was gettin the miles, now I'm sittin at home and those guys are runnin on schedule.

:1036316054: At least you are not bad mouthing other drivers for what is your fault. So I tip my hat to you. Way to be a stand up driver.

We should know something by next week. I hear they are planning to ad extra scheduled runs and have only a few xtra's. I still dont see how this is possible with 70% more drivers than freight to haul. I guess time will tell. The memo said this is a good thing we are going to be home more with our loved ones. :hysterical: I have been getting great miles and very little wait time until now so I'll give them the bene...of the doubt and keep my fingers crossed. The company has been good to me so far.:1036316054:

Just keep them things in the east. Out here you have a flat you are getting towed no one carries them in stock yet. I think it will change but any and all trucks n trailers carry spares with them.

You have a flat with those out here and you'll be waiting a long time on the side of the road.

Besides, in Idaho, you can't pull three 28' trailers if you have super singles. Not that I'd complain about that.

I doubt they would put them on single screws anyway. I may be proved wrong though.

Hello all! I just found out about this chat and thought I would give it a try. I'm a Big E road driver but I'm gonna bid on Jr. J. job in this new bid deal coming up. Sure hope I get it. :hysterical: