R&L | Big Hours

sapper

TB Lurker
Credits
At my shop, we are working an average of 55 hrs per week. A lot of us are pushing 60 and even getting close to 70 hr mark.
I know that we should all be grateful for the opportunity to make a decent living, but when did 55 hr workweeks become the norm?
Really, is this the best that we can hope for? There aren't many runs at my shop that are under 55 anymore. If you get done at a decent time, you get
sent to another area to help out.

You either work a easy 12 or a hard 12.

This is the reason why we cant get/keep good employees.

We are finally seeing that they will grind us into the ground with no remorse

Which will you choose?

Sapper

Same at OD!! Is this the effects of things getting more expensive such as benefits to maintain an employee that employers now need to get by with less of a workforce??

At my shop, we are working an average of 55 hrs per week. A lot of us are pushing 60 and even getting close to 70 hr mark.
I know that we should all be grateful for the opportunity to make a decent living, but when did 55 hr workweeks become the norm?
Really, is this the best that we can hope for? There aren't many runs at my shop that are under 55 anymore. If you get done at a decent time, you get
sent to another area to help out.

You either work a easy 12 or a hard 12.

This is the reason why we cant get/keep good employees.

We are finally seeing that they will grind us into the ground with no remorse

Which will you choose?

Sapper

Sure sounds like Central Transport, at least at CT they pay OT after 55.

This depends on where you are obviously. While Sapper's area is super busy, others like my area are normal. No one works 50 + hours unless they want to or they have a long line haul run. I average 45 hours a week. Agitator, if you plan on doing as your name implies, do yourself a favor and don't. Causing issues in this forum will result in a vacation from the boards.

My P&D run I've been running 62-68 hours a week this summer. I do love the money but it's starting to take it's toll. I feel like a zombie now and I've been battling severe tendonitis since the end of May. We also have seen more drivers on light duty too.

I think Shadowr434 was referring to the comment about ot after 55. It was thinly veiled jab.. :Poke:

Big E is the same way-55 then o/t here on the east coast,been that way for a while and yes it will grind you down working 12's all week

I read somewhere the following;

Are you living, or just paying bills?

something to think about....

My P&D run I've been running 62-68 hours a week this summer. I do love the money but it's starting to take it's toll. I feel like a zombie now and I've been battling severe tendonitis since the end of May. We also have seen more drivers on light duty too.

Must be all that nice garbage freight we're hauling that delivers to garbage locations.