Big news !! will it happen ?

Is is fair to accept a job from an employer,when you know upfront what the pay is and how it is distributed.However,after a year of working there,you start demanding changes that wasn't there when you voluntarily accepted the job???Should OT pay be mandatory???I think so,but its not....Maybe if a person sought a job that paid OT,maybe he should have researched the market a little better,or accept a straight time job while searching for another one.Mandatory OT will sadly have to come from the Federal level in our industry..

I think Ine,s point was,standing up for something you knew did not exist when you accepted the job,wouldn't mean anything if the company closes shop.And if it does close up,older drivers would find it harder to find comparable work.

The OT law should be fought at the Federal level,hell everything else in this industry is mandated from it.

The OT rule at the federal level. All we need is to be put under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Trucking is still considered un skilled. We are the same as the guy picking our veggies

Whoa! too long. It sounds abusive or insulting to say the least. Go for it dock! A pay raise is deservedly due.

Which is better, a company that does not pay overtime, or a company that closes down and everyone is out of a job? Yes, the OTL drivers get screwed, but is the battle worth loosing your job completely? Maybe for you young people the answer is yes.

Well I worked at Preston APA and Red Star yes Union of course, but there is still overcapacity in this industry union and non union and you know what LIFE WILL GO ON EITHER WAY. If NC was to close within one week tops the other players and shippers would have the freight all divided up and they would be saying NEW CENTURY WHO? As mentioned the other carriers and the such that fell by the wayside!

I don't see NCT closing, that's a poor assessment of the situation. More likely to see YRC close from being 1.6 billion in debt, and suffering fallout from the UNION Teamsters whom they owe a pension plan to... THis company does not have that kind of situation brewing and seems to be on top of the major industry issues that we are all faced with...shortages...Hours of Service, and new legislation being handed down from Washington. This company is flexible...and that's how it will grow in the coming years...

I don't see NCT closing, that's a poor assessment of the situation. More likely to see YRC close from being 1.6 billion in debt, and suffering fallout from the UNION Teamsters whom they owe a pension plan to... THis company does not have that kind of situation brewing and seems to be on top of the major industry issues that we are all faced with...shortages...Hours of Service, and new legislation being handed down from Washington. This company is flexible...and that's how it will grow in the coming years...
Time will tell! The Gordon Gecko's of the world are controlling the movement and shakers of companies. They bleed them for all their worth kill them and do it all over again. It is a vicious cycle of business!

This is far far from a rumor :usa2: bosslinco you must work in the office ? :17113: .. Now the Local drivers are in on it:bgroovy: .. Best of luck people at NCT ..You need it !!! Things must be real back at that place they that they are blocking the place the Teamster truck was parking at .. :hyper: Can't you handle the truth :cuss: .. The management don't know what to do :fan: .. Could they ever find jobs making the money they make at NCT ? ..:They should :hide: if NCT goes out of business . BE STRONG PEOPLE .:Emoticon_digging: .. And stop sending me friend request i have no friends ...My friends are saving the small people .. B F what are you making $$$$:Emoticon_digging: I guess the Union will find out soon ..

rumor has it they will be voting next Thursday, and if they vote to unionize, rumor is NCT will be shut down. Now that is an adult way to handle things isn't it. Sounds like a tempter tantrum. They make 600,000+ and they can't pay their dock workers overtime?

yea the voting is actually today. they gonna count at 10:30pm. yea rumors is they gonna shut down but to much money invested in trucks and other stuff.

I guess you have to stand for something,even if its the unemployment line.Sometimes a bluff is a bluff and sometimes the bluff is called.

Which is better, a company that does not pay overtime, or a company that closes down and everyone is out of a job? Yes, the OTL drivers get screwed, but is the battle worth loosing your job completely? Maybe for you young people the answer is yes.

i understand what you saying about the older ppl not being able to land a job right away. but the same older ppl, after each meeting talk crap, up and down the dock about the 5% and not getting a raise. so if you gonna complain lets do something. i rather fight for what they took away and for what they owe me. all that overtime and raises we missing out on. and its not all about the money. some has to do on how they treat us in there. but they do it cuz they gotten away with it for years and ppl dont stand up to them.

This may have caused your management team to wake up and smell the roses of your dockworkers discontent? Time will tell if they change anything at all or go on a witch hunt to fire the 26 or so that voted YES!

This may have caused your management team to wake up and smell the roses of your dockworkers discontent? Time will tell if they change anything at all or go on a witch hunt to fire the 26 or so that voted YES!

They will take it as victory, not a wake up call:nut_kick:.....back to business as usual...I already have my next job lined up...gone in the new year

It will gain momentum, however I am sure there will be animosity between dock workers which is not good for productivity. Good luck to all.... we'll be watching!!!