New Penn | Bill LOVES New Penn

You know what, your posts are some of the dumbest, most ignorant posts on these boards.

You like to take personal attacks at me and do not like it when others comes to my defense. Your brothers, who personally know me, come to my defense.

I'll give you some advise, Owlpuss, speak of which you know, which I am sure is very vast.

First, I have never really considered myself anti union. Do I support the Teamsters organization ?? Do I bring up there short comings ??? You betcha I do.

Am I resentful that they cost me a job that I loved ??? Damn straight.

With all that being said, am I anti union, no. I believe that organized labor has a place in the workforce, but for union members to think that the union's leadership has their members needs at the front, is just plain ignorant.

When a member says they do not trust the union's leadership, it is accepted. However, if an outsider says the same thing, he is a **** or anti union. That is simply not true.

So go back under the rock from where you crawled and good luck getting you last five years. I have a hard time thinking you will get five more months, never mind five years.

At that point we will see what the union does for you ......AGAIN

i am part of my union and i will do what it needs me to do for it.

Mr Owlpussy

Mr Puss y

Think about what you are righting about me !!!!!!

I had 15 yrs with Redstar and 10 more with other union companies [25yrs ] and my father had 40 yrs with the teamsters. So to call me anti-union is way off base.

SO ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS :butt kiss:

Thank you for you time teamster brother.

FotF ... always good to read your stuff. Very interesting and informative.
My only disagreement is with your assessment that NP is being primed for a sale. Nothing is impossible, however in today's corporate anti-union climate, just who would purchase New Penn ? I would suspect only another union carrier, and they ( I mean both ) seem over burdened ( UPS -- UPS Freight ? ) or reluctant to deal with the union ( ABF ), so in your opinion, what carrier do you feel could step up, work with an existing unionized workforce and have the necessary money for the purchase ?

FotF ... always good to read your stuff. Very interesting and informative.
My only disagreement is with your assessment that NP is being primed for a sale. Nothing is impossible, however in today's corporate anti-union climate, just who would purchase New Penn ? I would suspect only another union carrier, and they ( I mean both ) seem over burdened ( UPS -- UPS Freight ? ) or reluctant to deal with the union ( ABF ), so in your opinion, what carrier do you feel could step up, work with an existing unionized workforce and have the necessary money for the purchase ?

While agree with your concept flstc2000 there is one thing your not thinking of. Thats a sale to senior management.

You just know the corporate big boys could easily come up with the money to but the company if Yellow ever decided to sell. That is exactly what Steve O was planning when Yellow bought Roadway in the event that Yellow didn't want New Penn

Cfer - you beat me to the punch.

The scary part is that the senior management team can easily come up with the capital to make the purchase, but then you have a David vs Goliath situation once again.

Can a small union company still exist in today's climate ??

The track record is not so good

The scary part is that the senior management team can easily come up with the capital to make the purchase, but then you have a David vs Goliath situation once again.

Thats a good point FoTF but I do think if it came down to it, New Penn could do it by themselves. They may not operate like they used to but they have carved out a solid piece of business in their core market and service it very well.

Have to admit I didn't think of that one. Senior management putting together a purchase is possible, however I feel the attitude within the terminal level management may cause some concern with their ability to carry out the type of professionalism needed to keep the company on top. Meaning, a lot has changed at NP, including local management, and we are seeing people that are not accustomed to the way NP operated. A lot has changed in the past 5 years.
I think NP will continue to be a part of YRC while they slowly retract the Holland group from unprofitable areas and readjust the regional business. That seems to me like a long range plan.

Mr Puss y

Think about what you are righting about me !!!!!!

I had 15 yrs with Redstar and 10 more with other union companies [25yrs ] and my father had 40 yrs with the teamsters. So to call me anti-union is way off base.

SO ALL I CAN SAY TO YOU IS :butt kiss:

Thank you for you time teamster brother.

with 25 years vested why would you join the company that only a couple of years prior to redstars closeing were trying to run us over as we tried to orginize overnight? or did you forget about that.

with 25 years vested why would you join the company that only a couple of years prior to redstars closing were trying to run us over as we tried to orginize overnight? or did you forget about that.

With only a few union jobs left in the area I don't think the remaining few were able to hire everyone from Redstar,CF APA etc,sometimes you have to put food on the table and be able to work everyday.I know MR UPSfreight and let me tell you ,he is a stand up guy and the way your carrying on about him you are deadwrong...As far as organizing Overnite,they were not here during the strike.I know FOTF also and he is also a standup guy I know his gripes with the union and I can say I really don't blame him.Time to let it go and give it a rest....
I believe you are out of Albany so o:smilie_132:n a lighter note Is Capt Jack still running for you guys on linehaul,If he is say hello for me ....:funky:crazy:funky:

With only a few union jobs left in the area I don't think the remaining few were able to hire everyone from Redstar,CF APA etc,sometimes you have to put food on the table and be able to work everyday.I know MR UPSfreight and let me tell you ,he is a stand up guy and the way your carrying on about him you are deadwrong...As far as organizing Overnite,they were not here during the strike.I know FOTF also and he is also a standup guy I know his gripes with the union and I can say I really don't blame him.Time to let it go and give it a rest....
I believe you are out of Albany so o:smilie_132:n a lighter note Is Capt Jack still running for you guys on linehaul,If he is say hello for me ....:funky:crazy:funky:

he is roadsteward also