R&L | BILLING ERROR 9 SKIDS...NY to TN for $54.65

braceface

TB Regular
Credits
I caught another "BILLING ERROR" yesterday... 9 skids going from Rochester NY, to East TN, paying $54.65. I called and got the bill corrected, and the corrected revenue was $425.04. These skids were NON double stackable..

Why and how are these mistakes getting thru???

This netted the company an extra $370.39, with just a 5 minute phone call.

As I have noted before, this is happening every week, and we as drivers need to take it upon ourselves to get these corrected, and get the company the revenue that it is due.

Wilmington, you really need to look into this, you/we are losing serious money. The error I found last week, and the one I found yesterday, would almost pay a drivers wage for an entire week.

How many times do you think these mistakes are setting through daily without being discovered?? Probably HUNDREDS....

I agree totally Brace.This is a serious problem.This company need not look any further to save money than the billing dept.The mistakes are many and lets not forget all the prepaid bills that don't have a shipping rate on them that we can only guess if they were billed correctly or not.I for one am tired of these mistakes made in billing also.On top of what your talking about,you have mistakes made in addresses and important info from the original bills that either have you doing extra driving to find an address that may not be right or you are missing info that might have told you that the shipment needed extra steps to deliver or to deliver on a certain day or time.As I posted in the employee appreciation day post we are gonna have some reps at the terminal tonight and I will bring this up.

Guess that's what you get when you send all your billing off to India. You'd think that the pre-clerk would notice it when they verify the info with the original BOL.

I wonder how much money we pay out on claims because of bad BOL's. For example: pick up bill reads 1 skid of 4 pieces. Delivery receipt reads 4 skids.

Agreed!. I fix bills every day. On average 4-5 a day. Billing errors are an issue. With the growth that we have had over the past couple years it has gotten worse. We all need to be watching this every day!

I would be willing to bet a good bottle of scotch that if YOU were overpaid they would catch it in a heartbeat,sounds like the beancounters (not you freightgal) upstairs are asleep at the switch,good luck and Brace, you should get a bonus for catching these screwups!

Braceface,

Even your correction seems low. $47 per skid for a 2-day lane, should be more like $70-80 per skid space.........especially if they are not double stack-able. I'd love to know who the shipper is............the rep should followup. But then again, that should have been a FLAG that W&I caught........you know the customer would not say anything.

This is definitely a real problem and I also see it all the time. I just play it as Customer has really good discount rate with the company. I guarantee you that if there was a reward for catching billing errors, Revenue at R&L shared services would increase by at least 25%!!! I get 4 or 5 deliveries a week that are businesses operating out of houses, I just hope they are getting billed correctly, I always write across the bill "residential delivery" have them sign it and initial it. and most times they are not home because they weren't notified before delivery,and after they get the door knocker I have to return at the end of my run,which I think also warrants a redelivery charge for them not telling shipper to make appointment. TM says not to worry about it and just go deliver the freight,he is more worried about a return making him look bad then getting extra money for company!!!!Add that redelivery charge or they don't get the freight,I should have to get an authorization number from Wilmington before it is delivered again. I bet next time an appointment is made!!!!200.00 dollars a week in revenue lost on my run a week,not to mention the fuel and the extra hours I have to work!!!! I'm not even allowed to call it in until the end of the day if the person is not home at the first visit, I have to wait until the end of the day,if the person doesn't call I have to act like I just arrived there. If they do call,sure we'll run 40 miles out of our way,give the driver another hour of pay for your 115.00 freight charge item. GEEEEEEEEEE why are we not making money?????????

Braceface,

Even your correction seems low. $47 per skid for a 2-day lane, should be more like $70-80 per skid space.........especially if they are not double stack-able. I'd love to know who the shipper is............the rep should followup. But then again, that should have been a FLAG that W&I caught........you know the customer would not say anything.

I thought the correction was low also...The shipper is Nalge Nunc Internantional...They must do a lot of businees with us, and get a huge discount...

I would be willing to bet a good bottle of scotch that if YOU were overpaid they would catch it in a heartbeat,sounds like the beancounters (not you freightgal) upstairs are asleep at the switch,good luck and Brace, you should get a bonus for catching these screwups!

I think they should offer a bonus...Maybe 10% of the extra revenue we get the company..The company revenue would soar...The driver or dock worker would get a few exra bucks...Like I have said, I will continue to point out these mistakes regardless if I get anything extra out of it or not.

I hope by pointing these mistakes out on these boards, more drivers will be aware of the problem, point out the mistakes, and make the company more profitable, thus keeping our jobs more secure...:1036316054:

I think they should offer a bonus...Maybe 10% of the extra revenue we get the company..The company revenue would soar...The driver or dock worker would get a few exra bucks...Like I have said, I will continue to point out these mistakes regardless if I get anything extra out of it or not.

I hope by pointing these mistakes out on these boards, more drivers will be aware of the problem, point out the mistakes, and make the company more profitable, thus keeping our jobs more secure...:1036316054:

Thats very well put braceface.:1036316054:

I get 4 or 5 deliveries a week that are businesses operating out of houses,

These are the majority of my deliveries.

I just hope they are getting billed correctly,

Of course not. They don't put just their name because they want to get around those residential charges.

I always write across the bill "residential delivery" have them sign it and initial it.

I used to do that, but it soon proved to be pointless.

and most times they are not home because they weren't notified before delivery,

This is why I keep an address book with phone numbers for all my home-based businesses. If you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I call them and let them know it's coming, and they'll tell me to just leave it under the whatever. Scribble his initials on it and call it done.

and after they get the door knocker I have to return at the end of my run,

Haven't you learned not to leave those damn things yet? Just fill out the bottom part, turn it in with your bills, and throw the other part away. It didn't take me long to learn this. You can always say it blew away.

which I think also warrants a redelivery charge for them not telling shipper to make appointment.

It should, but you having to go there twice in the same day gets them out of it.

TM says not to worry about it and just go deliver the freight,

Another reason to divulge as little information as possible...

he is more worried about a return making him look bad then getting extra money for company!!!

Well, tell the jackass that returns wouldn't be a problem if we wouldn't residentials with no appointment.

Add that redelivery charge or they don't get the freight,I should have to get an authorization number from Wilmington before it is delivered again. I bet next time an appointment is made!!!! 200.00 dollars a week in revenue lost on my run a week,not to mention the fuel and the extra hours I have to work!!!!

Not to mention all the extra and unnecessary handling, which means more possibility for damage, and CLAIMS!!!!

I'm not even allowed to call it in until the end of the day if the person is not home at the first visit, I have to wait until the end of the day,

Now what the hell is this? Does you terminal have specific residential delivery rules or something?

Yup, gotta make it as much of a pain in the *** as possible.

if the person doesn't call I have to act like I just arrived there.
You mean you have to go there twice even if they DON'T call?!? **** on that. What's the deal here? Is your customer service dept under orders not to give out return numbers for residentials or something?

If they do call,sure we'll run 40 miles out of our way,give the driver another hour of pay for your 115.00 freight charge item. GEEEEEEEEEE why are we not making money?????????

Just start missing pickups because of having to do that. I'll bet that stupidity might stop in a hurry, especially if you work a big area where you have to make pickups in route or they simply don't happen.

i ran p&d a couple of weeks ago and also saw a major billing error. i had 1 skid of pool supplies going from albany, ny to endicott, ny and the cod charge was 1245.00. i knew that was way overcharged so i called rates at wil. and thet said someone entered a wrong code. the bill was actually around 90.00 whuch makes more sense. the customer almost sh*t when i told him the original rate and he said he would have refused shipment before paying that amount. it's obvious there is 1 or more persons in wil. making errors. but the way this company is going, it was probably a temp or lease worker making minimum wage and not giving a sh*t. it shows you wil., you get what you pay for.

I caught one today, a large thing coming in on a 2-day lane. I won't say from where because that might bring prying corporate eyes to close for my comfort.

Anyway, it was billed as 1 skid at about 80 bucks, not counting fuel. The thing took up about 4 skids worth of room, and wouldn't even fit in a 96" trailer due to being too wide.

I called the billing dept, gave them the dimensions, and they changed it to class 400.

I caught another "BILLING ERROR" yesterday... 9 skids going from Rochester NY, to East TN, paying $54.65. I called and got the bill corrected, and the corrected revenue was $425.04. These skids were NON double stackable..

Why and how are these mistakes getting thru???

This netted the company an extra $370.39, with just a 5 minute phone call.

As I have noted before, this is happening every week, and we as drivers need to take it upon ourselves to get these corrected, and get the company the revenue that it is due.

Wilmington, you really need to look into this, you/we are losing serious money. The error I found last week, and the one I found yesterday, would almost pay a drivers wage for an entire week.

How many times do you think these mistakes are setting through daily without being discovered?? Probably HUNDREDS....
I'm just glad we have a few guys like you brace!!!!!! Most of us could really careless... As long as they can get the stop off thats all that seems to matter.... We had a memo that said guys were going to get wrote up for bringing freight back without proper authorization..... With that said what driver is going to worry about rates,weight or anything else.. The only concern is getting the garbage out the door... Most guys are going out packed who's got time when you've got 14 drops and the p/u's are piling up..... Jus keep up the good work we need ya out there!!!!!!!!!! This is just a good example of how R&L is tripping over dollar bills and picking up the rolls of pennies............

I had to bypass our sales men and call the driver leads in to WIL on friday.I wanted to make shore that all the measurements where right so we get paid what we should be if we can get the accounts a few are truckloads and some 10 to 15 skid shots.Becouse what I am told the sales men and women have to answer the lead with in 7 days.So I hope we can get it they would pay good.They are heavy and hazmat.

I've been informing t/m and secondshift super about oversizes and things that I pickup that need re-weighs, they could care less. we've even got a customer that used to be 5-8 skids everyday delivered to them and a trailer load at night picked up.... WE TURNED THEM AWAY AT THE TERMINAL LEVEL!!

I've been informing t/m and secondshift super about oversizes and things that I pickup that need re-weighs, they could care less. we've even got a customer that used to be 5-8 skids everyday delivered to them and a trailer load at night picked up.... WE TURNED THEM AWAY AT THE TERMINAL LEVEL!!

What customer? What terminal?

I've called corporate. They called the salesman. He explained to me that it was not his call but the T/M's....... The worst is we go in to them for collect shippments every now and then and they keep asking why we won't pickup the prepaid frt...