TForce | billing not done

cmsdock

TB Veteran
Credits
Just wanted to see how many of you have noticed that the billing or rating is not done by the time the freight is ready to be delivered. This seems to be more of a problem with the out sourced billers not getting the billing done.

[quote author=cmsdock link=topic=79825.msg826970#msg826970 date=1273002399]
Just wanted to see how many of you have noticed that the billing or rating is not done by the time the freight is ready to be delivered. This seems to be more of a problem with the out sourced billers not getting the billing done.
[/quote]

I've noticed it but its cheap and only a inconvenience for the unloader/loader/driver. :thumbsup:

Again, we get 60-100 bills a day, and every day ther are at least 2-4 bills of due frt not billed. we have to hold up the route to get the frt billed so that we can load it in the right spot. 30 min. delay is the norm.

today i had some freight with no bill called the office it was not billed, i spent a total of 2 1/4 hrs talked to five people before i could deliver it . Delayed so long didn't get 6 other bills off so i could get one. some people need to get thier heads out of their rears

Its a pain here to. Nothing like a manifest that is mostly blank because things are not billed. I know at other carriers their billing has to be done by mid night.

We had a problem here this week also with the billing. There was a Fedex guy delivering a manifest or something which was overnighted from the company shipping the stuff. Not sure what happened, but talking to one of other drivers he said he has seen it a few times himself. I dont understand the problem. We pick up a manifest when we do a pick-up. How is this becoming a problem now.

Its a problem because the shipment in unrated and you don't know if the shipment has a cash flag, cod on it, or even the correct piece count. There are other instructions such liftgate appointment etc that are entered at the time of billing to. I think it even says on the printed dr that the bill is unrated on not to deliver.

:banana:I think it just takes more time at a customer. When you are asked what took you so long its just one of several reasons why.