Yellow | Billing STILL being done in India

Luke

TB Lurker
Credits
Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. When we agreed on the extra 5% ALL of the billing that came from union offices that went to India was to be returned to a union billing center/terminal. This still hasn't happened and we can't get anyone to listen. Local union pretty much doesn't care. Labor board needs information from union but union won't release anything as it is "private".
HELP!!! I bet if a bus drivers from India showed up to work the dock or make deliveries the union would step in. Any suggestions? :fruit:

Someone PLEASE correct me if I am wrong. When we agreed on the extra 5% ALL of the billing that came from union offices that went to India was to be returned to a union billing center/terminal. This still hasn't happened and we can't get anyone to listen. Local union pretty much doesn't care. Labor board needs information from union but union won't release anything as it is "private".
HELP!!! I bet if a bus drivers from India showed up to work the dock or make deliveries the union would step in. Any suggestions? :fruit:
Don't bet on the Union stepping in for the drivers either. We got complaints about Glen Moore that fall on deaf ears. I don't want to make light of what was promised, I remember the billing issue for concessions too. If the labor board wants info, they will get it. Suggeston....stay after them.

Your right.... we were told give back 5% and all union work in India will return to the US within 4 months (should have been by Dec 09). We were also told "no one would lose their job, our medical benefits would not be changed, and the giveback would be across the board including management".

How brothers and sisters are on lay off? We now have a co-pay with our medical. And from I understand management's 5% only lasted until Feb 1st, 2010. And of course, the India thing. It's all BS! But couldn't it be considered a breech of the agreement.

Local union said we have to contact the IBT directly for information on the so called contracts with India...so far no response.

WAIT A MINUTE !! It's been a while since I've been on this web site, but......the billing is being done in INDIA ??????? are you freakin kidding me ??? and, if I get this correctly, the locals and the national is doing NOTHING ABOUT THIS????? WHAT kind of representation have the Teamsters got now with this happening??? This is too too much.. This is unBELIEVEABLE !!! I used to do billing at USF RS... now the billing is being done in INDIA ????? I am flabbergasted............................................

No academy award to be won here, I just say what is the truth.. When USF RS got whiplashed, I stuck my neck out to help and received phone calls at my home from the Supervisor of Attorneys for the NLRB in Washington, DC. The representation of the union has steadily gone downhill. Does anyone NOT agree that the Teamsters should be taking a strong stance on many issues? Men and women Teamsters have been suffering WAY TOO LONG... haven't you hurt long ENOUGH??

I agree with you 100% Echano, but i still think you deserve the academy award, it's an honor not a bad thing.

Roady, thanks.... but... you know,I'm just an old broad now... But, I was and I still am a strong union person. I would be laying my body on top of those bills of lading and screaming that no one could touch them except a union person. These must be getting faxed to India? ... and these people in India know everything about trucking and what to charge for?? I doubt it...and that is a good way for a company to lose money instead of making money. Cheap labor, but...in the long run, I would bet anyone that the billing is not done right and there are mistakes galore and shippers are getting underbilled instead of overbilled. Therefore, the company is not saving money by having India do the work.. My God.... WHO is the mastermind of this fiasco ?

Spoke to dock guy's last night waiting for load. They said waiting for bills to come through they said every night they take break all at same time in kansas city. HAPPENS EVERY NITE. I got paid 1.5 waiting for bills! The billing is here union I hope from what I hear it's not. 1.5x drivers and dock will not keep this co. in business. Most of us here and our retired brothers and sisters need this co to survive and pay into PENSION! many people will be hurt if thrown into pension guarantee from gov't!

The contract never said that the billing had to come back, it said the payroll had to come back. That, and only a portion of the billing is done overseas. There are still 3 union sites where most of the billing is done.

Don't know what contract you mean, but we were told ALL union billing will come back to the US. Many union terminals hasn't. We have dockmen doubled up working trailers or standing around waiting for the bills done in India. The girls are fed up......by the time India completes a trailer, the errors are corrected and the waybills print....the freight could have been loaded outbound and on it's way to the destination if the billing was done in each terminal. We have a girl who emails and calls India every night trying to get them to bill faster. YRC thinks their saving money with cheap labor but when you add in the hours spent waiting around and correcting errors, it's costing more.
The payroll did come back to the US but the billing is still off shore.
The local and the IBT are aware of union work being done by non-union and nothing is being done about it.

Something I found :

(c) The Employer agrees that it will not transfer payroll or other bargaining unit
work to India or any other country and will return any payroll work performed by the
bargaining unit beginning upon ratification and shall be concluded within four (4) months
thereafter. The Subcommittee will review the Employers’ compliance with this Section
14(c) during the first quarter of 2010.

http://www.teamster.org/sites/teams.../files/07 14 09 YRCW MOU FINALforBlueline.pdf

Don't know what contract you mean, but we were told ALL union billing will come back to the US. Many union terminals hasn't. We have dockmen doubled up working trailers or standing around waiting for the bills done in India. The girls are fed up......by the time India completes a trailer, the errors are corrected and the waybills print....the freight could have been loaded outbound and on it's way to the destination if the billing was done in each terminal. We have a girl who emails and calls India every night trying to get them to bill faster. YRC thinks their saving money with cheap labor but when you add in the hours spent waiting around and correcting errors, it's costing more.
The payroll did come back to the US but the billing is still off shore.
The local and the IBT are aware of union work being done by non-union and nothing is being done about it.

Thank you for this info! I'll pass this on to the girls in the office. It specifically states Payroll will return within 4 months, but it also states will not transfer payroll or other bargaining unit work to India. This includes the billing....so why is the IBT not stepping in and allowing the work of some union offices still being done in India?

They don't care

The clerks in our Union Terminal weren't even informed when the 1st change of operation was taking place to remove the billing from the local terminals. I went to the Union Meeting and voiced my disgust and our President said, oh, I'm sorry, I went to one of the other terminals to tell them (just happened to be the terminal he came from).
End result, it was postponed to another change of ops. They DON'T CARE about the clerks! We are few in number, but we all still pay our dues and are suppose to be REPRESENTED!

FYI, Our terminal doesn't allow the drivers to wait for bills to be billed, corrected or printed. They work off copies of b/l's. Gets serious when a haz mat shipment moves out, when its NOT correct, but who knew before the trailer left. We print the drs at the end of the night when everything is closed out and moving,
then throw them in the garbage because they're not needed. Talk about wasting money!!!!

Prior to the change in contract, the billing you are referring to had already gone overseas. I will reiterate, most of the billing is still done here in the US at 3 union billing sites. As far as India not making the turn around time, I'm curious what terminal you're at? What catagory of did your terminal get v1 v2 or v3 or do you even know what I"m talking about. It seems to me that you don't have your fact straight, but are just here to vent about India, which you are not well informed. Though I'm not sticking up for the fact that India does a portion of the billing, if you are going to make an arguement, please get your facts straight first.

Excuse me, my FACTS are straight! I never mentioned India, I was making a point how the Union doesn't care nor does it represent the CLERKS! As far as whether we are V1, V2 or V3, we're NEVER informed of anything! I'm NOT looking for an argument, but it is a fact with the last give back, our UNION representation told us they WOULD bring back ALL the billing to the US. I knew it wouldn't come back
to the terminals, but it was all suppose be done in the US, furthermore we were told they had to let their
contract expire, which was short term. I'm in a NJ terminal. I personally have scanned bills to the billing center and I see the mistakes and the NAMES of the billers when Red Flags get posted. I also seen the HUGE turnover at these billing centers, because they either get FIRED or QUIT!