TForce | Binghamton,NY closing!

boats

TB Regular
Credits
Well another small facility closing next month! Worker’s can dovetail into Scranton,PA or Syracuse,NY. I remember when we got sold a fellow by the handle of Canadian Flyer posted about we can expect from TFI! Go look at those old posts. Boy he was right on! If you’re not a hub or in a heavily populated metro. That terminal is on the chopping block. I feel for everyone affected!

It's 60 miles from Scranton and 70 from Syracuse. Not really a major shock.
The company stated all these things, when it bought ups freight. TfI wants an 80 or. They know they aren't getting there by pricing alone. They closed Beaumont, Texas. Very similar as far as distance to other locations and small number of employees. You get the option to dove tail, so you either take it or you don't.

The Roscoe Diner is great! The difference here is Yellow has a terminal in Elmira also, so that area isn't as big to cover....
Years ago, every carrier had a terminal in Bingo! Maybe not much local freight, but sure can move frt out of there upstate. Actually years ago there was a lot of local frt there!

I remember when they moved to Elmira
Actually now that I think about it, CF had a terminal in both Binghamton and Elmira. I kind of remember that they had a bid out of Carlisle, double turn every night. But lots of stopping and dropping one and picking one either way.

I remember when they moved to Elmira
I'd love to move to Elvira...

STL087143