TForce | Binghamton,NY closing!

Actually now that I think about it, CF had a terminal in both Binghamton and Elmira. I kind of remember that they had a bid out of Carlisle, double turn every night. But lots of stopping and dropping one and picking one either way.
Con Way moved into that CF terminal in Binghamton & then Fed EX Freight

I remember Bedard said something like (correct me) we shouldn't have to go (a long way) to pick up freight. So with eliminating these terminals, wouldn't that make the routes from the merged terminal a lot longer? Or are they just going to give up on that area all together...

I remember Bedard said something like (correct me) we shouldn't have to go (a long way) to pick up freight. So with eliminating these terminals, wouldn't that make the routes from the merged terminal a lot longer? Or are they just going to give up on that area all together...

Seems like stem time is less a factor these days than costs of operating many satellite terminals. UPS found this out many years ago and changed their operations and LTL's seem to be doing the same thing.

Also combining routes, creates more miles. Everywhere I’ve ever worked, the first cuts have been excessive overtime, yet here we are creating more overtime. We all know the solution is to start with the fat up top with incompetent management, but they want to cut the ones that are making the magic happen on the streets with the drivers. I had great hopes that TFI would make changes in management, now I think their purpose is to finish us off by running it in the ground.

I understand what you both are saying, and it makes sense... im just confused with Bedard and contradicting events/statements. First with wanting to cut long city routes, and then just eliminating terminals, creating even longer routes.

OR...

Ignoring the territory all together...
Using Interline carriers or contractors...

I dont see the Management fat trimming CM, as i would have expected also. I feel the elimination of the Dock Non CDL and Freight Handler, as well as Red Circle positions, to replace them with a Combo Driver classification or something comparable is the catch of the day.

Then i could be wrong.

Little bit of mileage & few hours of OT cheaper than a leased facility, Mgr & office, equipment. And, maybe, they can get a few drivers to quit. Maybe when economy swings they buy a formerly leased terminal. Not many uses for ltl cross dock building. Hoping for the best for you guys.

I understand what you both are saying, and it makes sense... im just confused with Bedard and contradicting events/statements. First with wanting to cut long city routes, and then just eliminating terminals, creating even longer routes.

OR...

Ignoring the territory all together...
Using Interline carriers or contractors...

I dont see the Management fat trimming CM, as i would have expected also. I feel the elimination of the Dock Non CDL and Freight Handler, as well as Red Circle positions, to replace them with a Combo Driver classification or something comparable is the catch of the day.

Then i could be wrong.
Red circle positions are the #1 issue for the company to eliminate. The union stated this at the contract proposal talks.