Holland | Black Friday Is Coming!!!!!

Benny Hill

I'm Back (kinda)
Credits
RUMOR: I was told that Friday is going to be bad for people with little time at Holland. Many, many line haul bids were going away and some city too. I hope everybody can tell me how wrong my info was next week.

That’s is not very good news!!! I was just getting use to forty hour weeks, ok maybe three or four hours OT.

In Me the original "wave bid" has been taken down. New bids were placed today. I've driven city for 18 yrs. and I getting disgusted with the operation. I'm taking a 4:00 am hostler job. How after 75 yrs and also the model carrier that everyone tried to immunate, all of the sudden doesn't know how to make money? We might as well go to Roadway, all our managers were trained at Big-R Univ. Benny whats up with the tease-rumor you started? Only thing I know is a lot of the accounts that were under bid might go away. I here a lot off our larger accounts are screwing us on the next day frt. Whatever it is, we been told it will be corrected within 2 weeks. GRIZZ

I was talking to a USF driver who had 20+ years in. He said he was getting the feeling that YRC is going to do to them what CNF did to Consolidate Freightways.
I wasn't quite sure how to answer him but it felt pretty sad hearing that from him.

I feel your pain guys,i work for roadway.Yellow purchasing our companies is the worse thing that could have happened.Little by little their sucking the life blood right out of us!Enough said!!

But, our TM contends that HMES is in a much better place with YRCW behind us. He has stated that Hollands nest egg of business (Oh,MI,IL,IN)auto industry was drying up before YRCW purchased us. Who knows, this ever changing bus is to much for me to figure out. GRIZZ

But, our TM contends that HMES is in a much better place with YRCW behind us. He has stated that Hollands nest egg of business (Oh,MI,IL,IN)auto industry was drying up before YRCW purchased us. Who knows, this ever changing bus is to much for me to figure out. GRIZZ
I don't buy into the automobile industry affecting us that much. I remember back in 89 when I started here that was one thing The linehaul manager said back then, we weren't stacked with middle management and we didn't haul a lot of car parts. The management part sure changed, I guess the car parts could have to but I have my doubts. We have lost 12 road bids in the last two fridays and have four on layoff, and our bill count hasn't dropped, go figure. I don't agree with the way they layoff road drivers. Why don't they layoff by a master road senority list starting at the bottom or by the bill count of a terminal. if everyone is working on a busy road board, why layoff there?

I don't buy into the automobile industry affecting us that much. I remember back in 89 when I started here that was one thing The linehaul manager said back then, we weren't stacked with middle management and we didn't haul a lot of car parts. The management part sure changed, I guess the car parts could have to but I have my doubts. We have lost 12 road bids in the last two fridays and have four on layoff, and our bill count hasn't dropped, go figure. I don't agree with the way they layoff road drivers. Why don't they layoff by a master road senority list starting at the bottom or by the bill count of a terminal. if everyone is working on a busy road board, why layoff there?

Do more with less!!! I cannot figure out how that plays out for line haul though, unless it means packing trailers higher. Which will cost more in the end. Do more with less, that is becoming the American way. :USA:

Do more with less!!! I cannot figure out how that plays out for line haul though, unless it means packing trailers higher. Which will cost more in the end. Do more with less, that is becoming the American way. :USA:
I agree. Packing trailers high and tight correctly, increases the companies profit and future job security.
Does this mean USF will start pulling doubles? Maybe it's too late because Yellow and Roadway have that covered.
Everyone seems to have figured out that the line hauling of doubles is much more profitable.

I agree. Packing trailers high and tight correctly, increases the companies profit and future job security.
Does this mean USF will start pulling doubles? Maybe it's too late because Yellow and Roadway have that covered.
Everyone seems to have figured out that the line hauling of doubles is much more profitable.

Our profits were fine until YRC. Now were buying tires for Roadway trucks in TO (from what I hear) and fuel for them in TM. Hard or us to be profitable when we are providing maintainance for them, No wonder their OR is getting better and ours is getting worse.

I can't imagine the auto industry slow-down hasn't hurt our business. I peddle small towns in W-Tenn and see auto parts makers leaving these small towns almost monthly. One is Tower Industry in Milan, TN. Johnson Controls closed their operation in Lexington,TN. Schenknocker in Selmer, TN. Mig bought their building. This is just a couple I can think of and we used to haul a lot of frt in and out of these places. I could only imagine the impact this has in a city like Detroit. This not auto, but Maytag parts dist. moving to Indy. Good account for you Indy, couple of trl's a day in and out. Grizz

Our profits were fine until YRC. Now were buying tires for Roadway trucks in TO (from what I hear) and fuel for them in TM. Hard for us to be profitable when we are providing maintainance for them, No wonder their OR is getting better and ours is getting worse.

Don't forget about LE too. They pay for any towing expenses incurred in that area by all the companies.

I should have listened to all Preston drivers I have known over the years.........Preston People saw Yellow in action first hand.

Jack was right- they need to show us IT IS THEIR COMPANY now.

Us employees should buy this company back, and get rid of all the micro managing middle men. Too much fat up top, and it's really starting to remind me of my stint at Roadway.

Don't forget about LE too. They pay for any towing expenses incurred in that area by all the companies.

I should have listened to all Preston drivers I have known over the years.........Preston People saw Yellow in action first hand.

Jack was right- they need to show us IT IS THEIR COMPANY now.

Us employees should buy this company back, and get rid of all the micro managing middle men. Too much fat up top, and it's really starting to remind me of my stint at Roadway.

Who is Jack?

Our profits were fine until YRC. Now were buying tires for Roadway trucks in TO (from what I hear) and fuel for them in TM. Hard or us to be profitable when we are providing maintainance for them, No wonder their OR is getting better and ours is getting worse.

I finally got 4 drive tires out of 8 that I really need. I have to wait at my terminal for them to come in. Hopefully by the end of winter I will have all new tires.But at the Cincy roadway terminal it looks like a tire store, Holland probably paid for them but that also what I heard is that we did.Who am I kidding, somebody from yellow or roadway might be driving it or some other driver from this company cuz I am on the bubble for the next lay off. If that happens you guys can have my truck, I will be some where else making less but still working..........all I can say is if we go under I hope that yellow goes to because right now I feel we are a submarine with a set of screen doors.........:smilie_132: :nutkick:

I finally got 4 drive tires out of 8 that I really need. I have to wait at my terminal for them to come in. Hopefully by the end of winter I will have all new tires.But at the Cincy roadway terminal it looks like a tire store, Holland probably paid for them but that also what I heard is that we did.Who am I kidding, somebody from yellow or roadway might be driving it or some other driver from this company cuz I am on the bubble for the next lay off. If that happens you guys can have my truck, I will be some where else making less but still working..........all I can say is if we go under I hope that yellow goes to because right now I feel we are a submarine with a set of screen doors.........:smilie_132: :nutkick:
I'm sorry anybody is layed off, but that is a terrible thing to wish on anyone about closing. Everyone is slow, check the boards.